Hermann

I also had my eye on this one and thing its a beauty but see it needs the skull of the helmet fixed, reshaped.

IMG_1694.jpegIMG_1695.jpegIMG_1696.jpeg

I must have read the stated 29.5% in paragraph 5 on page 15 of my HH catalog wrong. I wonder where the extra .5% came from?

I bidded thinking that buyer's premium is 25% and lucky I only won 3 items LOL

Shipping and tax will add up.

I have 3 FR73 officers and I don't mind selling one at the auction hammer price LOL, just kidding. If you want a FR73 badly, you can contact me and we can work things out.

Reactions: ccj
I bidded thinking that buyer's premium is 25% and lucky I only won 3 items LOL

Shipping and tax will add up.

I have 3 FR73 officers and I don't mind selling one at the auction hammer price LOL, just kidding. If you want a FR73 badly, you can contact me and we can work things out.
I was bidding on the FR 73 but lost by a considerable amount. Please contact me.

I haven't received an invoice for my helmet.

Still upset at bidding the same as the hammer price

Auctions can be very frustrating. If it's online bidding I think the computer takes whatever the latest bid is when the time is up and you can miss it by a millisecond.

Hi Charles,

It will take them several days, or maybe a week or more for you to get your invoice. This is typical for them, from what I read on another collector forum about their last May of 2023 series of auctions they held. Hermann Historica had 3 auctions closing this week: "Orders and Military Collectibles to 1918" (the auction with the James Turinetti helmets) with 534 lots "The Dave Delich Collection - Part II" auction with 452 lots + today, May 10th, 2024, they have their "Orders and Militaria from 1918 onwards" auction closing with 989 lots. On May 14th their "Works of Art, Antiquities & Ancient Art" auction with 989 lots + on May 15th & 16th they have their "Fine Antique and Modern Firearms" part I & II auctions with 1119 lots. They literally have several thousand lots of invoices they are dealing with over an 11-day time period. I am not making excuses for them in saying any of this. I realize it's hard to remain patient after winning item(s) on one of their auctions, and then waiting and wondering when the invoice will be received.

From what I know generally about auctions that I've dealt with in the past, including "eBay", that if there is a "tie bid": The general rule for a tie bid is that the first bid in received on any given item "wins" the auction in the event of a tie bid. My guess without reading the actual rules for HH is that they likely operate with this same rule. It's most likely that someone else placed the same bid as you did, only earlier than when you placed your bid on the item. It does happen, and it' always incredibly frustrating for anyone to experience that type of situation. I'm sorry that you didn't get the item you wanted in this situation.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Charles that usually means the other bidder bid the same, but he bid before you.
Yes, exactly. I was apparently writing the same thing above while Tony posted this to you. I didn't realize Tony posted this while I was writing away here before I hit the "post reply" button.

So yes, to add what Peter B said: the other person who won the auction could have literally bid the same price as you did, possibly as late as only a second before you placed your bid and it was recorded on the computer system for the auction, and the other person won because they technically speaking had recorded the bid first on the item.

Reactions: ccj
Report for today May 8
I just took a look at the HH auction site
today there are 42 helmets and items from the Jim T. collection that
are now marked "Post auction sale "
so that answers one of our questions
I wonder if a dealer stepped in and bought them all
at bargain starting prices ?
We can keep a look out and see if they show up later
somewhere for sale
I have a collector friend who bought 3 helmets during the sale
Did any of our members buy any helmets at Post auction sale ?
Steve
I would like to make a correct here
I jumped the gun with this post
I was looking at the results of the HH 3rd Reich sale
I noticed a mistake that I made
1. Hammer price ; item sold
2. Post auction sale ; I now see this means that the item is still for sale
3. something I did not see at first ; SOLD IN post auction sale
so only 2 of the Jim T helmets were sold in post auction
all of the others I guess are still for sale
ref the 3rd Reich sale
a S S cufftitle for 88,000 Euro + 30 %
S S camo cap 100,000 Euro + 30 %
Steve

I would like to make a correct here
I jumped the gun with this post
I was looking at the results of the HH 3rd Reich sale
I noticed a mistake that I made
1. Hammer price ; item sold
2. Post auction sale ; I now see this means that the item is still for sale
3. something I did not see at first ; SOLD IN post auction sale
so only 2 of the Jim T helmets were sold in post auction
all of the others I guess are still for sale
ref the 3rd Reich sale
a S S cufftitle for 88,000 Euro + 30 %
S S camo cap 100,000 Euro + 30 %
Steve
I saw only 2 helmets that are now marked
SOLD IN post auction sale
Steve

I don't know why.
Their bills are coming in fast this time.

Attachments

• 1715388200853.png
    1715388200853.png
    12 KB · Views: 18
I bid same price as hammer price on the Hanover Engineer helmet but didn’t win it. I don’t understand the rules
Charles
The 10th Pioneer looked like a nice helmet .
Too bad that you missed it .
The cross is in the middle of the eagle's chest
so does that mean it is Landwehr ?
Steve
1715453790355.png

Back