the 6 Kp never won a Kaiser Prize
the KFGGR # 2 only won the Kaiser Prize one time 1904 by 3 Kp
Then I checked to see which regiment / Kp did win the prize
those 3 years in a row
I could not find one
to me the Kaiser prize looks like the real deal
but what is it for ??
SteveGGR 2 with K P.jpeg1908 1909 1910 K P.jpeg

I’m guessing the KP & shooting cord were added sometime after, perhaps by a collector who owned the tunic previously, but it is a good looking tunic in any case.

I’m guessing the KP & shooting cord were added sometime after, perhaps by a collector who owned the tunic previously, but it is a good looking tunic in any case.
Dennis
Yes , I agree
but the asking price includes the add Ons
which do not belong
and the 3 year in a row Kaiser Prize is not accounted for
as ever being won
Steve

Steve, When I first saw the listing, I was hoping you would buy it and sell me your "old" one ;)

I don't know enough about the shooting prize regulations and exactly who it was awarded to, but it sure looks Beautiful to me :love:

Hi,
there was no unit/company that had these three years on the Kaiserabzeichen!!! One first idea was, maybe it could be a Probestück???
But the production quality of the badge is bad. (missing details, poor edges, no cut-out in the top of the imperial crown and the dull surface, etc. ...).
... as JzPf & Jvpi already wrote!

And it is very unlikely for a one-year volunteer with the 6th class Schützenschnur and this triple Kaiserabzeichen - all very unlikely.
In the end, the uniform should be ok - only the shooting badges/cord probably had someone "added" (in my opinion!!!)
So it is too expensive (also my opinion). ;) Best regards, Jens

p.s.: all Kaiserabzeichen should have cut out gaps in the top of the imperial crown! Like here:
https://www.pickelhaubes.com/xf/thr...iserschiessabzeichen.14236/page-3#post-111931

Attachments

• VergleichKaiserabzeichen.jpg
    VergleichKaiserabzeichen.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi,
there was no unit/company that had these three years on the Kaiserabzeichen!!! One first idea was, maybe it could be a Probestück???
But the production quality of the badge is bad. (missing details, poor edges, no cut-out in the top of the imperial crown and the dull surface, etc. ...).

And it is very unlikely for a one-year volunteer with the 6th class Schützenschnur and this triple Kaiserabzeichen - all very unlikely.
In the end, the uniform should be ok - only the shooting badges/cord probably had someone "added" (in my opinion!!!)

p.s.: all Kaiserabzeichen should have cut out gaps in the top of the imperial crown! Like here:
https://www.pickelhaubes.com/xf/thr...iserschiessabzeichen.14236/page-3#post-111931
I had the same thought in terms of the originality of the badge as there was no Prussian Infantry regiment that won in 1908, 1909 and again in 1910.

Good point regarding the lack of cut outs in the Imperial crown. I missed that detail.

I was thinking it might be possible that someone could have had a badge "made to order" by a commercial supplier but the resulting badge would most probably have had the cut outs in the crown which this one does not have.

I had a look through my collection of "Unusual and Interesting Prizes" gathered from around the net and came across this anomaly.

This one which also claims to have won a prize combination which does not exist, does have the required cut outs in the crown.

Just a better quality fake??

1908 1909 1910 Kaiser.jpg

... I was thinking it might be possible that someone could have had a badge "made to order" by a commercial supplier but the resulting badge would most probably have had the cut outs in the crown which this one does not have.
... maybe!?!

Also I checked the regulations (AVB) again, the only company for 1908 and 1910 was the 3rd Comp. of the FR90.
Unfortunately I can not find my ArmeeVerordnungsBlatt for 1909 - maybe someone has one!
I had a look through my collection of "Unusual and Interesting Prizes" gathered from around the net and came across this anomaly.
This one which also claims to have won a prize combination which does not exist, does have the required cut outs in the crown.
Just a better quality fake?? ...
... the image quality is unfortunately not the best - but this Kaiser-Abzeichen looks better!

And now!?!? :oops:

An idea/example, the 11th Comp. of IR58 won the Kaiserpreis in 1899 and 1900, but in 1905 the Kaiserpreis was removed for the year 1900!
So some of them could have worn the Kaiserabzeichen for 1899 & 1900 almost five years before they had to removed it (to the single 1899 badge).
Maybe a similar story about the triple (1908, 1909 & 1910) badge?!?
Thanks and best reagards, Jens

Attachments

• AVB1908and1910.jpg
    AVB1908and1910.jpg
    655.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Steve, When I first saw the listing, I was hoping you would buy it and sell me your "old" one ;)

I don't know enough about the shooting prize regulations and exactly who it was awarded to, but it sure looks Beautiful to me :love:
eye candy
but
what would it taste like ?
bitter , I think
Steve

Hi,

Jens
Excellent report
Many thanks for your post
Steve

Just a better quality fake??

View attachment 44957
Steve
Thanks for this post and photo
This looks like it was / is in a private collection
I see a cuff title before the Prize
I don't know that these badges are being faked
If they are and are this good , then we have a problem
I wish that we knew who this badge belongs to
Steve

... maybe!?!

Also I checked the regulations (AVB) again, the only company for 1908 and 1910 was the 3rd Comp. of the FR90.
Unfortunately I can not find my ArmeeVerordnungsBlatt for 1909 - maybe someone has one!

... the image quality is unfortunately not the best - but this Kaiser-Abzeichen looks better!

And now!?!? :oops:

An idea/example, the 11th Comp. of IR58 won the Kaiserpreis in 1899 and 1900, but in 1905 the Kaiserpreis was removed for the year 1900!
So some of them could have worn the Kaiserabzeichen for 1899 & 1900 almost five years before they had to removed it (to the single 1899 badge).
Maybe a similar story about the triple (1908, 1909 & 1910) badge?!?
Thanks and best reagards, Jens
Jens
Thanks for this post
Steve

Back