NEW TO THE COLLECTION, FIRST QUARTER 2024 WRAP UP

Hi David,

Thanks for your very pleasant remarks, your collection is in one word Amazing(y)

It's really refreshing and interesting for me to see so many items of such fine quality that I know nothing about and to have your very well written and informative text to accompany those items. I really enjoy your post. Happy hunting in the next quarter regards John Josef
Hello John Josef,

If is really great to hear that you are interested to see my collection and enjoying it and more importantly that you are finding the text of my posts interesting and informative. It serves as great motivation for me to want to continue to share my collection and what relevant information, be it historical or anecdotal, that I can pass on to other collectors in my field of interest or beyond that may focus on or other nationalities or eras in history such as yourself. I think it is in the spirit and an integral part of the welcoming environment here on the Forum to share what we know and what we collect... I, for one have learned so much about interests beyond my own from the many incredibly knowledgeable and sharing members such as yourself here on the Forum... so thank you in that regard!!

Cheers,

David

Your collection is really wonderful, thank you for sharing :)
Hi Sandy,

Thank you for looking at this, and all my other posts, I so pleased that you are continuing to enjoy my collection! I always appreciate your comments and observations... the collection continues to grow!!

Again, many THANKS!!!

Cheers,

David

You have been busy David, Amazing!! 😃👍
... ah, no rest for the weary... or the dedicated collector... I'm sure you know that feeling as I marvel at the pictures of your absolutely brilliant collection. I just feel compelled to respond when an opportunity presents itself!! Thank you for looking at the collection as I continue to make posts and your very enthusiastic response to my posts and collection!

Cheers,

David

Hello David,

I am once again blown away by the expressiveness of your collection.

You make the glorious old British Army shine again. I enjoy every presentation you make and personally consider this an educational book on British Army headgear.
Furthermore, I am always amazed at the quality of the individual exhibits.

Allow me to ask you how you always manage to find such exhibits for your collection in the world.

Best regards
Frank
Hi, Frank!!

How marvelous to receive your note! THANK YOU so much for your very generous and always positive and enthusiastic replies to my posts. I am thrilled you are following my posts and continue to enjoy my collection and the newest pieces of history as I add them to my collection. I have always strived to add only the best examples of a particular piece to add to my collection... I have always stayed away from incomplete or damaged pieces for my collection and will remain patient until the "right" piece presents itself and then I do my due diligence and research and, hopefully as much as I can, the provenance of the piece before making a purchase.

I have, over the years, developed and continue to nurture a small intimate, reliable, trusted and knowledgeable network of like-minded collectors and militaria dealers who know the quality I demand for an item to be in my collection and will search out items for my collection or that I can share my "wants" list with or might have in their possession, in their collections or store inventory a particular item and are willing to pass those pieces on to me. I reside in the United States and purchase almost exclusively from persons in the United Kingdom and rely on pictures and e-mails and the integrity of the person I am purchasing from. I hope this answers your question.

Again, thank you for your very kind, very generous comments and observations regarding my collection. I am glad to know that you are enjoying the pictures and the posts and find them interesting as well as informative!!

Always a pleasure to hear from you!

My very best regards,

David

Back