Prussian 10th Hanoverian Jäger Enlisted man Tschako - Model 1915

FRONTENAC

Hi,

I would like to have your opinion/comments regarding this Jäger Regt. 10 Tschako mainly about the markings. I am suspicious about this item. I think this Tschako is a montage (for example: the front visor of the Tschako does not have the same wear as the rest).

https://www.ebay.de/itm/266534677136?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=777008&algo=PERSONAL.TOPIC&ao=1&asc=20230811123857&meid=a80d2f074c0746b080a1b7918582db93&pid=101770&rk=1&rkt=1&itm=266534677136&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=4375194&algv=RecentlyViewedItemsV2&_trksid=p4375194.c101770.m146925&_trkparms=parentrq:0dad9a3618c0a373a9d1fe06ffffd702|pageci:60f22464-8ca8-11ee-834d-56e79fb5b80a|iid:1|vlpname:vlp_homepage

Last edited:
Hi,
The shell might be ok, but the Wappen looks fake to me (mind you, I'm no expert).
The very short distance between the holes for the Wappen looks strange, never seen that before.
Regards,
Lars

Hi,
The shell might be ok, but the Wappen looks fake to me (mind you, I'm no expert).
The very short distance between the holes for the Wappen looks strange, never seen that before.
Regards,
Lars
Hi Lars,

Godd observation regarding the Wappen.

Richard

I agree with Amy.
The loops on back have been relocated to a small spread like a Saxon plate.
But to me the plate looks good.
Just not on this helmet.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm inclined to think the Wappen is OK although the finish on the obverse looks to have been enhanced somehow perhaps by having a wash applied to it.

Looking at the grommets on the shell it seems obvious that the original Prussian Wappen loops have been poorly re-soldered to fit the shell. As mentioned above the grommet spacing indicates Saxon or Bavarian.

This offering by this seller is unusual as he normally deals in very good quality pieces.

Have to be careful with this seller. I dealt with him from time to time. He doesn't take responsibility when item does not arrive. Not easy to hold him responsible as well as he insisted on bank transfer, especially on more expensive items. He takes PayPal for lower value items though.

He just found someone who made him a pleasant offer out of ebay, to economize the fees...
I would never have bidden on this item. As already said above, the shell is probably a saxon one (Luftschiffer, Telegraphentruppen and Fliegertruppen) or even from the Garde-Schützen / Garde-Jäger. It could not have been a bavarian Tschako, because of its very rounded back. Bavarian Tschakos had a slanted shape.
Philippe

Prussian:

1701191179514.png

Bavarian:
1701191008592.png

Last edited:
He just found someone who made him a pleasant offer out of ebay, to economize the fees...
I would never have bidden on this item. As already said above, the shell is probably a saxon one (Luftschiffer, Telegraphentruppen and Fliegertruppen) or even from the Garde-Schützen / Garde-Jäger. It could not have been a bavarian Tschako, because of its very rounded back. Bavarian Tschakos had a slanted shape.
Philippe

Prussian:

View attachment 39438

Bavarian:
View attachment 39437
I think that Philippe is correct .
I have bought shoulder straps from him in the past
but never a helmet ; ( I take that back ) A good collector friend
bought a Feldgrau Garde Uhlan from him , then I bought it from my friend
anyway he has a lot of customers that buy from him
IF someone made him an offer to buy off line
He would remove the item and sell it direct
Steve

Indeed, the bindings are very tight, which is not normal. On the other hand, the B.A.X buffer is correct and corresponds to the JB10.

Philippe

Prussian:

View attachment 39438

Bavarian:
View attachment 39437
Poor buyer if this is the cause of this sale ending.

Thanks Philippe for sharing these images demonstrating your interesting comments.

Back