The Big Bang Theory #4: 15cm SK L/40 Cartridge Casing

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
A 15 cm cartridge casing for the Krupp 15cm SK L/40 i.R and the Krupp 15cm Kanone M16.

Click HERE for full details and photographs.

And thank you Brett for the 1st use of one of your photos (more to come, be warned.....)

cc06.jpg

First class! An excellent article - as always. I can see now why you wanted that picture, however you have more than adequately compensated with your unique mix of period photographs and contemporary images from your superb collection.

As for the use of my photos in this and future projects, it's an absolute privilege to be able to say I have - in some small way - some association with the premier website on Imperial German uniforms.

Tony; Another great article, well researched and presented, with great photos added.I'm starting to really appreciate these shell casings even more! Love that Saxon schirmmutze. Dick

:cry: I screwed up. Kornel Hoekerd, a reader and fellow cartridge casing collector in the Netherlands informed me that I had made an error, this casing was not used by both the 15cm SK L/40 i.R which and the Krupp 15cm M16 Kanone L/43. The L/40 is shorter at 575mm in height and Marine marked. This casing can only be from a Krupp 15cm M16 Kanone L/43 so I have corrected the reference page.

Now I need a 15cm SK L/40 :x

I love those! Superb 3D rendering. I prefer the white background over the darker one, even the shadows and reflections are there. Excellent work. Can't beat 3D rendering for a "factory fresh" look. :thumbright:

Beautiful renderings! It would be great to have a reference book with all the various shells, fuses and casings represented. I have a period book of them, but this really brings them to life! Thanks for showing these.

Regards,
Chip

Back