U.S. Pickelhaube

Peter_Suciu

As much as I was pleased to acquire this beauty earlier this year something else I want more is being offered to me, and I've decided to part with this very rare helmet. It is among the nicest I've seen and it includes the original transit tin. More photos available upon request.

Sorry, but I'm not interested in any trades for other helmets at this time.

Price $4000 plus shipping.

AmericanSpike1.jpg
AmericanSpike2.jpg
AmericanSpike3.jpg
AmericanSpike4.jpg
AmericanSpike5.jpg

aicusv said:
Were you ever able to identify what unit this helmet was from?

No I haven't. Joe was able to determine a little bit. I believe it would have been a unit from Wisconsin or Illinois, and used in the 1890s to circa 1910. I believe only a couple dozen or so of these were even produced.

this is a helmet I truly would have loved to have in collection, just not the right time for funds. I am sure it went to a good home.

James

Hopefully in the USA. That helmet should never leave the United States. Peter is this the one you mentioned recently in the Mod Forum?

J.LeBrasseur said:
this is a helmet I truly would have loved to have in collection, just not the right time for funds. I am sure it went to a good home.

Tony without Kaiser said:
Hopefully in the USA. That helmet should never leave the United States.

The helmet went to the best possible collection honestly. I know the new owner will love and enjoy more than I possibly ever could.

Back