Weird Pickelhaube

Kaiser Wilhelm II

Hello All. I was looking online, and I found an old auction listing from several years ago, this is the helmet that was on it. I have never seen anything like it.
I have thought maybe its some sort of a fake or made from "non-pickelhaube" parts.
The body is strange, it look like its got a leather rim, and of course a weird front plate that looks like it came from a shako or something similar.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Someone's fantasy/concept helmet perhaps?
Thanks, and have fun discussing this.
1710529555954.jpeg

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Someone's fantasy/concept helmet perhaps?

View attachment 43280
Hello,
This helmet is an "imitation" helmet for Macedonia and the Balkans. Everything is a "copy", everything is fake. This R22 brace plate never existed and is a fake from the 1980s. The real ones were in the shape of a banner, as shown on Joe Robinson's excellent website.
But there are always innocent people who squander their savings... and make the fortunes of crooks.

Hello,
This helmet is an "imitation" helmet for Macedonia and the Balkans. Everything is a "copy", everything is fake. This R22 brace plate never existed and is a fake from the 1980s. The real ones were in the shape of a banner, as shown on Joe Robinson's excellent website.
But there are always innocent people who squander their savings... and make the fortunes of crooks.
That is interesting. I had never seen anything like this, and it made me curious. Thank you for the comment.

Back