White Dress Belt

SCHUPO

Gents,

I picked this white EM dress belt up this weekend at a local KCMCC show. It is a private purchase whitened leather belt with the remains of a black felt backing for an enlisted box buckle such as those worn by mounted units. I think it is interesting in that the brass catch is riveted to the belt rather than being sewn. Also, notice the riveted catch is "D.R.G.M." marked indicating a limited legal protection for this set-up. The number on the catch seemingly indicates a time period circa 1897. A scarce belt that should go nicely with a Prussian EM buckle that is currently laying in a drawer.

Attachments

• White belt.JPG
    White belt.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 26
  • White belt catch.JPG
    White belt catch.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 26
Thanks for the looks and likes. You never know what might turn up at a 50 table local club show. I was happy to find this belt.

When Chile does their military parade each year, they wear a white belt for infantry. I was always curious to what a period example would look like. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for all your comments and likes.

And, you are quite right Kaiser Wilhelm. I picked this belt up for $20.00 and was happy to find it hiding in the bottom of a glass front case piled full of stuff. One has to have a sharp eye to find the bargains.

Great find (y)

These are always in poor condition with the white finish always cracking and peeling off.

Would look nice on a Bavarian tunic display or any really, if you ever want to make a nice profit on your money drop me a line ;)(y)

Congratulations on your exhibit! I only have one white belt, but it was bought together with the entire uniform and is in a different style.

Attachments

• 132650123_l.jpg
    132650123_l.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC06671.JPG
    DSC06671.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • DSC06672.JPG
    DSC06672.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Back