1868 Bayer. Infanterie Model Raupenhelm, 1913 Diedenhofen

Just nothing better than a nice photo of an Unteroffizier mit Portepee. Absolute classic. NCO lace and 30mm button, with M89 IOD89 with a perfect Portepee and special hanger. And a Landwehr service bar no less. And a Schützenscnur! Does it get any better? Note he carries one ammo pouch and a P08 holster. Very very nice. :thumbleft:

Tony, you took the words right out of my mouth - honest ;)

"[An] Familie Untereiner, Hier [Diedenhofen]"

"Dhofen [Diedenhofen] d. 9.2.1913. Erlaube mir Ihrem Vater u. Sohn d. Bild zu widmen. Mit herzl. Gruß Ihr [?]"

Has to be one of the cooler pics i've seen A Russian Orthodox Monk in German service :p ?

and the fact that he's carrying that rifle in a 1913 pic is pretty cool to.
I always enjoy seeing outdated/rarer equipment in use when newer models are in use.

That is clever!

I would disagree with Tony's identification of the Vizefeldwebel's decoration; that is a NCOs' and soldiers' 9 year service decoration.

Regards
Glenn

chrispaulodale said:
Wow! That colourisation is great. Who did it? Have they done others?

Cheers
Chris

A lady who uses the moniker "Hotweaselsoup". http://www.worth1000.com/discussions/17653/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She's asked if I have any other photos I wouldn't mind seeing coloured, so I've given her a small list. Hopefully I'll be able to post more in coming weeks. Watch this space.

- Brett

Back