19th Hussar Busby and Luger

Neil Young

I couldn't find a proper place to put this, so if it is wrong I apologize.

I know that this is not the normal parade brush. I have been told that this one was used for funerals.

Neil

thats a nice one
thats for sure
isnt it not looking for a needle in a haystack to complete a helmet with sutch luger
most of the lugers i come across are not even marked
these are great finds

jonas

Thank you.

Yes, you are absolutely correct--it is difficult to match them up and most Lugers are not unit marked. It is especially hard to do for me since I have limited my search to Imperial German cavalry units, which really shrinks the availability of such pieces of history. In addition, I am extremely lucky to have a good friend and mentor who helps me look and verify authenticity. That availability and my short time as a collector is the reason my matched collection is so small. Of course, cost sometimes gets in the way. :(

a numerus pile of books and a expert those are aces for collectors
i olso have an expert in hand if i want to check something for authentisety wen my knoledge fails
like the say 2 can think further dan one on its one

jonas

:eek: Wow ,don’t know where to look first with this avalanche of new pictures ,keep em coming dough.

Very nice ,very nice :bravo:

Beautiful busby, Neil, that seems to be in exceptional condition, with no sign of alopecia! There was a very similar one for sale by Jan Kube, a while ago.
Congratulations;

Back