1st foot guard helmet - semper talis

Hi,

I'm curious about the number of remaining helmets of this 1st bataillon (and headquarters) of the 1st foot guard regiment, bearing this bandeau Semper Talis ....

We sometimes see some officer helmet for sale, maybe original, maybe not,

but very few EM ..... there's one in the Fort de la Pompelle museum, near Reims, featured in Larcade's book,

none in Ingolstadt, Bruxelles nor Paris... maybe Berlin Rastatt museum ? not sure ....

I know one (original) in a belgian collection, and I knew another one in a French collection but did not see it, original or not, I can't say,

you guys in the US, could have some "vet bring back" samples... I wonder if a member of this forum has one, or knows one in a collection or a museum !

I just have a bandeau, original, you can see it on my website :

http://www.imperialhelmets.com/plate/?nggpage=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Steve :)

Here is mine:

2lu9lzd.jpg

Hi,

thanks for your answer and congratulations for your very nice and scarce helmet

however, my question was for EM helmets, enlisted men, other ranks, mannschaft .....

we know a number (small, less than 10) officer helmets in Europe, but almost none EM,

is there any EM (mannschaft) helmet known in collection or museum in Northern America :?:

kind regards :) and thanks for your help !

and again thanks to Arran for his help :thumb up:

pointystuff said:
Did a gray-trimmed version of the enlisted helmet exist?

I'd love to see one if they did! Tony, could you post a pic of the mitre to the right of the officer's helmet?

pointystuff said:
Did a gray-trimmed version of the enlisted helmet exist?

If you mean a wartime version then I don't think so. According to Joe's website it is "undocumented".

http://www.pickelhauben.net/articles/M15%20Steel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

About 25 years ago my father had a Semper Talis haube with the original parade plume unfortanuly he sold it about 20 years ago i never saw a beautiful piece like that again these helmet are so rare and hard to find.

oor004-1.jpg

oor009.jpg

oor003.jpg

oor004.jpg

Back