1st Konigsberg Grenadier and Landwehr

sharkygsm

all the things found in ald trenches in Ukrainian Mountains - found by me by metal detector (Whites DFX E)

DSC01932.JPG

DSC01933.JPG

DSC01932.JPG

DSC03674.JPG

DSC03675.JPG

DSC03676.JPG

DSC03677.JPG

IMG_4872.JPG

IMG_4873.JPG

IMG_4874.JPG

Very cool hobby, thanks for sharing, must be a blast ( good time) wandering around the Carpathian mountains, thanks for posting!

Geo

will be more :) I will post more photos :) I hope that are interesting for you :) I'm working with old MILITARGESCHICHTE from years 1914-1939 - and next I know where to go and search :) in this year we will in the Ukraina 21 days of exploration :)

Wow that must be a thrill when you find a cache like that. Looks like you have one heck of a restoration project ahead of you!. What do you do with the leather and the brass fittings?

Awesome !. I can't fathom with the rifle ,bayonet , belt , helmet and such you found no remains. Seems odd such things were left like that with no bones.
Anyhow amazing - and damn nice buckles !.

Great finds, and some very rare items, the Mecklenburg Buckel has got to be a rare one
Gus

Nice stuff! He Mecklenburg Schwerin buckle is extremely rare. The Grenadier Wappen not far behind -- both of these come from separate corps so must have been lost at different times. Do you have a map of where these were found? Maybe I can help chase the units?

Amazing Jacek! Very cool to see these relics and what they look like after 100 yrs in the ground. You must have some great stories to tell about the "hunt" for these things. Brian

ok - the time has come :) I will post today evening some more excting photos from my MAY 2008 trip in Karpathy :)
all things are from 1914/15 - and from the battlefield of the Hessian RIR 222 and RIR 233 regiments. Wait for the new photos :)

Amazing how well the leather survives.

Please post more! Perhaps you could post a map of the general area you found these.

Back