2 Pickelhaubes on eBay

colin111008

As some of you might know, I monitor eBay quite a lot to see any new Pickelhaube listings. I’m trying to possibly find a nice m15 on there. Anyways, this one has been up for a while.

There is also this lobster tail helmet that was just listen currently at a low auction price, though that doesn’t matter. Something interesting, this is the second lobster tail or cavalry helmet whatever you call it to have a missing eagle head on the Wappen. The seller has a story about this helmet. Just letting you all know of these items. I don’t have any intentions to buy them just thought it would be something worth posting, as I’m always going to be the first one to see a new listing haha 😂

As some of you might know, I monitor eBay quite a lot to see any new Pickelhaube listings. I’m trying to possibly find a nice m15 on there. Anyways, this one has been up for a while.

There is also this lobster tail helmet that was just listen currently at a low auction price, though that doesn’t matter. Something interesting, this is the second lobster tail or cavalry helmet whatever you call it to have a missing eagle head on the Wappen. The seller has a story about this helmet. Just letting you all know of these items. I don’t have any intentions to buy them just thought it would be something worth posting, as I’m always going to be the first one to see a new listing haha 😂

A JzP project
Steve

The missing split brad on the M15 spike base is an easy replacement, I have spares. One large plus with this is that it has a complete liner, many times they are missing or "ratty". Typically, it is missing the chin strap and cockades you would have to go for repros. It is about $150 overpriced in my opinion. The kurassier style JzP helmet has an officer liner style liner, spike, scales kokarden etc.

Thank you b lore, is it worth bidding the kurassier helmet since bidding is low and those style helmets, let alone an officer one are expensive. What is a split brad and is it necessary? Also what to do about the broken rivet on the m15
I’m sure replacement wappens for kurassier helms are expensive

I saw the Kurassier on a Canadian antique store site listed for 1500 CD, but when i tried to inquire it disappeared. interesting to see it here.

Ah okay thanks for letting me know. Are they easy to install to your helmet?
Arta this helmet is the second Kurassier helmet on eBay maybe the other one sold but this specific helmet was one of two with the eagles head missing on the wappen.
Interesting how it was in a different site now on eBay.
If you look at the M15, you will probably notice how it is crooked. How could I fix the crooked body if I were to get it?
From the time I am writing this around 8PM EST the Calvary helm ends in around 2 hours

Last edited:
Very easy, insert the prong and then spread them horizontal as shown in the ebay photos.

Sold for $2365 Canadian! Am I missing something here? Broken plate odd spike needs rebuilding? Rob

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 19
The Prussian Dragoner helmet is much rarer and will be expensive. It is complete and is in excellent condition except for the silk liner. The second helmet is a complete Prussian M15. The fittings look yellow because of the lighting when the photos were taken. It is rare for an M15 to be found with original kokarden and chin strap. The liner is also in good shape and again in many cases these are torn, eaten by mice or missing completely. The Dragoner could go for well over $2k.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news.....but I feel I have to be honest.

Your basically competing with every other member here plus the whole collecting world for a deal on eBay, and to be honest your not gonna find any deals there.

Your only chance is to find a buy it now thats a great deal and get there before anyone else does.

Like already mentioned by Brian that M15 is complete and would IMO be a great buy for you if your still looking for one. You could be expected to pay 750 us and up for one in this condition.

I wish you good luck, who knows maybe everyones power except yours will go out with 10 seconds left to bid.

Reactions: USN
Woah! I’m not interested in anything expensive or crazy I don’t really care about selling it. Just looking for a basic EM or NCO Pickelhaube. The fittings do look yellow but maybe it is the lighting

Hate to be the bearer of bad news.....but I feel I have to be honest.

Your basically competing with every other member here plus the whole collecting world for a deal on eBay, and to be honest your not gonna find any deals there.

Your only chance is to find a buy it now thats a great deal and get there before anyone else does.

Like already mentioned by Brian that M15 is complete and would IMO be a great buy for you if your still looking for one. You could be expected to pay 750 us and up for one in this condition.

I wish you good luck, who knows maybe everyones power except yours will go out with 10 seconds left to bid.
No worries I understand. Lol it is definitely a competition that’s how it is on eBay. I just look for helmets that I might buy and ask members here if they are legit because I’m a pretty timid collector. And yes about the 10 seconds thing bid sniping is a practice very common on eBay I see it a lot

Brian is correct about the M15, it is just the lighting that makes the trim look like brass.

Back