2. Westfälisches Husaren-Regiment Nr. 11

Bleifuss

This is a picture of my grandfather somewhere on the eatern front early in the war.
He joined the regiment in 1911 and served till 1919 taking part in all engagements both on the eastern and western fronts.
GP2.jpg

I am in posession of his portepee and I'm hoping to eventually find a sword to attach it to.
IMG_0213.jpg

Judging by the Portepee, he presumably rose at least to the rank of Vizewachtmeister. I have a copy of the wartime regimental history of Husaren-Regiment Nr. 11. I can try and see if he is mentioned in there if you let me know his name.

Regards
Glenn

Not that I want to show any disrespect or anything, but in theory, Hussars had all leather Faustriemen in the Russian style, i.e. not this type. I do have to admit that I don't know what higher ranking persons wore. This looks more like a WW2 specimen, but if you're sure it was owned by him...

Although I have yet to find Bleifuss' Grandfather in the regimental history, I understand he did rise to the rank of Vizewachtmeister and would thus have been entitled to the officers' portepee.

Regards
Glenn

Back