2011 Photos of the CAMBRAI battlefields.

10pc9ol.jpg

I would like to invite you to the release of my last Special Photo Impression:
“Cambrai”.
I called this new Cambrai Photo Impression a Special Photo Impression considering it’s extraordinary size of 278 images; many modern maps, satellite views, details of trench maps, period pictures, and of course my own 170 colour photos of 21 locations, made during our two days trip at the end of May 2011.

21317gp.jpg

Though we have not reached the town of Cambrai at all, these villages and the fields between Bapaume and Cambrai have known three periods of battle: the First Battle of Cambrai of Winter 1917, the German Spring 1918 Michael Offensive, and the 1918 Autumn Battles in front of Cambrai. This complex situation of 3 major battles in such a rather small area made me add some period pictures illustrated frames, explaining concisely the German Withdrawal on the Hindenburg Line and the Hindenburg Line itself. In two other frames I focus on the first one on the First Battle of Cambrai of 1917, and in the second one on the 1918 Autumn Battles of Cambrai, in particular the most decisive battle of all, the Battle of the Canal du Nord.
As the landscape offers beautiful views, I added some satellite views and some of my own self-edited panorama views of the former battlefields.

I wish you a pleasant experience visiting my Special Photo Impression: Cambrai.
Thanks in advance for visiting my website again! Have a nice weekend!

With regards,
Pierre

Back