3rd Jaeger zu Pferd Enlisted man with his bride

Outstanding. Dennis that might be the Koller I almost got when Marshall sold? I was holding my breath until he sent me a letter (remember those?) to tell me you had purchased it. Perhaps that’s not the same Koller, but what a beautiful Koller and helmet you have shown!

That JzP Cartouche pouch and belt are probably worth more than my wife’s RAV 4….

Last edited:
Outstanding. Dennis that might be the Koller I almost got Dennis, when Marshall sold? I was holding my breath until he sent me a letter (remember those?) to tell me you had purchased it. Perhaps that’s not the same Koller, but what a beautiful Koller and helmet you have shown!

That JzP Cartouche pouch and belt are probably worth more than my wife’s RAV 4….
Tony,
Yes, this is the Marshall koller, he said he had a buyer if I wasn’t interested in picking it up. But I was interested, sorry about that. Yeah, the leatherwork was hard to come by and not cheap. First Moosehead’s on me.
Cheers,
Dennis

A last comment on the photo....they are holding hands which I don't think that I have seen before. To add to this, she has her arm resting on his shoulder with two gold rings with gem stones on her hand, yet another statement of wealth. Obviously, it was done to demonstrate their love for each other. To my mind, this is a strong woman making her claim to this guy....this is my man! An excellent photo.

Last edited:
Tony,
Yes, this is the Marshall koller, he said he had a buyer if I wasn’t interested in picking it up. But I was interested, sorry about that. Yeah, the leatherwork was hard to come by and not cheap. First Moosehead’s on me.
Cheers,
Dennis
Since it did come from MVD as Dennis says then it is the one that MVD got from me many years ago
Steve

Then between you Steve and Dennis, that uniform has a rock-solid pedigree. Very nice to see it again 😃
To trace it one more step back T
I am pretty sure that I got it from George Bush of Perryville , Mo . at the time
George had been stationed in Germany while in the Army .
He was an early collector of Officers shoulder straps with cyphers
I got my strap start when I bought George's strap collection .
He also was one of the first collectors of Feldgrau uniforms
His father was a State Farm Insurance agent and George had these
State Farm red garment bags,
George would walk into a show with the red bags over his shoulder
then all the collectors ran to George to see what Feldgrau uniforms
were in the bags . This was even before the OVMS shows were at the Drawbridge in Ky.
Steve

Back