3rd Luftschiffer or 3rd Telegrapher Eigentum Shako w. Cover

I have noted the number of Shakos posted lately on the site. I just picked uo this wonderful 3rd Luftschiffer or 3rd Telegrapher "eigentum" Other Ranks shako with matching numbered field cover. Nearly mint inside and out. Note the fine liner, NCO field badge and leather M91 chinstrap with slide stays. The fitted cover is has a green number "3" that indicates early wartime use. I am sure this fellow would have some interesting stories to tell. Nice addition to my Shako Sammlung.

Congratulations Randy, I love it, they do not get any better than those pieces. I had a similar Garde tschako with the same liner and chinstrap that I sold to Tony years ago during "the marriage meltdown" :)

that is by far a beauty asspecialy with the an original cover
dont think you would find this condition and combination twice

good find :thumb up:

jonas

Spiker said:
:-k That eagle has a very strange snout ,never seen it before...

I think what you're seeing is some oxidation above the tongue that makes it look different?

All in all a beautiful helmet (IMHO), I can't remember seeing a better example with the cover and all. Congrats on a wonderful find. Now all you need is the Luftshiff to go with it. (I think they come up quite often on ebay) :wink:

:D Ron

Back