4 Guard Grenadier tunic

mike kelso

Thought I would share a M10 tunic I added a couple months ago. The tunic was worn by a Captain in the 4th Guard Grenadier Regiment. The tunic shows the wear, tears, stains and repairs of a front Soldier. There are two machine sewn repairs and individual field repairs in the elbow areas. The regimental cyphers are well done though discolored from age.

All in all a nice tunic to an officer who saw service in the trenches. I added the FG belt, luger holster and EKI to loops in place.

Mike

[/img]
FG_M10c.jpg

FG_M10a.jpg

[/img]
FG_M10b.jpg

Nice salty looking tunic Mike, congratulations, looks like lots of personality with that one. Any identification in the pockets?

I like the look of your War Room too..... :thumb up:

Larry

Ditto what Larry said, although your book shelf looks a bit too neat:)
Best
Gus

Beautiful. Funny how with Dunkelblau Waffenrock, (even though they all have moth holes and tracking to some extent), when it is more than just a little, it severely affects the price. But with Feldgrau, heavy wear and age and repairs is desirable. My favourite Feldgrau Feldrocks are worn down to the threads. Perfect! That is a beautiful M10 you have there. Congratulations. :thumbleft:

mike kelso said:
Yes, pretty salty and cool! Thanks.

As for the books Gus...my wife sticks her head in once in a while:)

Mike

Hey Mike,
We are going to have to help you, my wife is afraid to enter my collections room, and she knows better than to remove a book from one of my shelves with out checking if it might be a keystone book. Actually, I have a little fear when I enter the room as well, I did have a bayonet fall off a shelf once, and it put a nasty hole in my boot, I kinda wish I had been barefoot that day.
Best
Gus

Tony, you are correct, I wouldn't have paid much attention to a Dunkelblau in the same condition. Probably has to do with the warrior in all of us! I can't imagine All Quite On The Western Front in anything other than grey.

Gus, standing by for that help...with toothbrush in hand Joe!

Best, Mike

Hey Mike.
We need to know your address before we can come and trash your house!
Best
Gus

Back