6th Kuirassier Portapeefanrich Helmet

skelts1974

All,

My latest helmet has just arrived. It is a 6th Kuirassier Portapeefanrich. It was sold as a OYV, but after some research, starting with Joe's site, I am sure that it a Portapeefanrich helmet.

I am waiting until the weekend before giving it a good clean, but couldn't wait to share.

The helmet is in great condition. It has a high quality ORs wappen. Officer kokardes in excellent condition. High quality chin scales with all their gilding. The shell is an officer or private purchase varient. The liner is the 1880s version common to all ranks.

Enjoy. Oh apologies for the quality of the photos. I dropped my iPhone last week and the camera lens will no longer focus.

Steve

Ron,

Thanks, I am quite chuffed with it, but I have to say your EM version is just grand.

Want to swap :thumb up:

Regards

Steve

skelts1974 said:
Ron,

Thanks, I am quite chuffed with it, but I have to say your EM version is just grand.

Want to swap :thumb up:

Regards

Steve

I know you're kidding, yours is very nice and I'm kind'a attached to mine. :wink: Interesting that they both have that nice, tall spike. Perhaps the same manufacturer / dealer. I don't have any makers marks on mine.

:D Ron

Ron,

Just joking - of course... But if you ever want to sell yours I would jump at the chance.... Mine now has pride of place next to my JzP Officer's helm and my GdC.

I think the spike has been replaced on thus helmet at some stage as there are several sets of holes - hidden by the base. Maybe the owner purchased a grander spike and base as he moved up the Fanrich tree. Of course the previous spike may also have been damaged in some way.

Still a nice find and I remain chuffed - better still Helen has not cottoned on to my recent purchase!

James - I am sure your time will come.

Regards

Steve

Yes, same for yours should you ever decide to sell... except I think my wife might be a mite cottoned.... although I'd be chuffed. (did I do that right?)

:D Ron

If I had my druthers, Pickelhaube would still be at 1950's prices. or 1930's... :wink:

druthers: From my South Dakota Swedish / Norwegian grandmother, a contraction of "I'd rather"... I'd ruther.... I druther. Druther.

Back