9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Peter_Suciu

I am one who can't believe nearly 20 years later the theories continue. But imagine how much worse social media has allowed wild theories to spread.

Here is the piece I wrote for Forbes - which I'm trying to promote!
https://www.forbes.com/sites/petersuciu/2020/09/11/conspiracy-theories-have-gained-traction-since-911-thanks-to-social-media/

To me the ultimate conspiracy theory was formulated by "Chicken Little" years ago..."The sky is falling!" Ignorant humans and I do not mean "rude" people here but just good average folks/innocents who lack education/knowledge have always been open to the snake oil salesman, the charlatan, the Tammy and Jimmy Bakers of this world. Look at the Reformation....Martin Luther had had enough of the Pope's "snake oil salesmen" spreading across Europe praying upon the "Christianity" of innocent good people. They ripped off true believers in order to fill the Pope's coffers, selling indulgences, so that uncle Brian might escape the fires of hell !! Bones of the Saints, splinters from the "Cross", nails from Christ's hands.....this BS has been and will go on for centuries. The difference today is that the con men/women can use the internet to access more of humanity, old age pensioners, innocents who can be threatened by the LAW, the Revenoors!! . So, now they sell sure fire cures for Covid19, they want your personal info and Jimmy B is still in business! I encountered Chicken Little years ago as a child, in a Warner Brothers cartoon, I did not believe him/her then or now. The Human comedy continues and the sky has yet to fall. I hope this Historical rant will support your excellent article Peter!

Unfortunately, I neglected to mention the ultimate conspiracy theory.......The Jewish Conspiracy which slaughtered millions. In this case, a popular German demagogue played upon ancient beliefs, a war defeat, depression and fears to recruit a hard core of “true believers”,who carried out the slaughter of Jews and others who did not fit into “ normal behaviours”. At this time radio was the media through which the masses were convinced of the conspiracy threat.

Back