a bavarian grave of a B.I.R7 officer(back to the future 2)

ernestlebourru

Bonjour,here are two pics(one original postcard and a contemporary one)
back front line , in the area of "priester Wald"(Bois-le-prêtre),sector of Pont à Mousson,Lorraine ,France
Ernest
otto2.jpg

otto1.jpg

otto3copie.jpg

That is just too cool! Ernest, I am really enjoying your "Back to the Front" type postings. You know..... you could collect enough for a book or a VERY interesting web site? Tony

it's very difficult to find original postcards,but it is a powerful passion, i have not a lot of documents for writing a book or create a website :( ,but i think i 'll have documents for five or six "back on the future " stories...
Ernest

Strangely enough, Otto Staubwasser is listed in the Ehrenrangliste as a Hauptmann at the time of his death on 26 September 1914 in the Bois Jurat at Apremont. Stranger still then was his promotion to Major (supernumery) on the 5th of November 1914!

Regards
Glenn

Anyone know if there is any relation between this person and the Otto Staubwasser who wrote: Das Königlich Bayerische 2. Infanterie-Regiment Kronprinz - Erinnerungsblätter (bayer. Anteil) 24 ?

Very nice now and then photos.

Glen,

It looks like the bottom of the memorial says "Weltkrieg 1914/15" Perhaps the year of death in your info is in error. That would make the date for his elevation to Major work better too.

Chip

Back