A Belgian M15 adrian, but light version

stuka f

They don't come often anymore, good M15 Adrian's, especialy when they are in cork like a pith helmet.

Very nice helmet. Any idea the date on this one? Is it early 1920s?

This is also why I try to use the term "sun helmet" when referring to sun/pith helmets as most European sun helmets are made of cork not pith! I've seen these Belgian cork helmets described as "pith helmets for use in the colonies" but I don't think that is correct. Belgium had its own sun helmets, based on the British Wolseley pattern and I've never seen a photo of these in use in the Belgium Congo.

Thanks,all!

Hey Peter, judging by the lions head ( not having ears) I would say pré 1920.
And it looks the lions head have been there from day one.

Excellent, congratulations. I have never seen a helmet like that before. Very interesting piece. :thumb up:

Want to thank you all for your nice comments!
Here is a intresting link (sorry but is in French) regarding the M15, and when you scroll you will find the "commercial" Adrian helmets made from cork, felt and alu.

http://www.world-war-helmets.com/fiche.php?q=casque-francais-adrian-mle-15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice helmet you have found they dont pop up very often i think
And even in a very nice condition

Great house clearance

Jonas

Thanks.
I had a alu too, but that one was a black (gendarmerie and later model) one , and let it go.

It's indeed a great helmet and pretty scarce, but they do pop up from time to time.

I have owned a few of these in the past and i wished i kept more then one.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

Back