A brilliant DR9 from Bruno

Wow! :love10: What a beauty. Posted for Bruno, he can narrate.

picture%202324.jpg

picture%202322.jpg

picture%202323.jpg

I had no idea this was a Fahnenjunker helmet! That provides an interesting perspective. Here is a one-year volunteer picture from 1889 that is also somewhat different.
1889oyv.jpg

1889oyv2.jpg

Bruno sent me this mark earlier on, but I had no idea it was for a Fahnenjunker. I think this is interesting in several ways. It is dated 1908 and is an issue helmet. So it is post the nepotism reforms and issued. Good question as to where he is along the Fahnenjunker path. To me, that is a very interesting perspective. Another minor point of interest is that this confirms that in Dragoon regiments unlike other cavalry regiments a Fahnenjunker was known as Fahnenjunker not a Coronet or a Standartenjunker. I have never seen a tag for a Stückjunker….yet. Hope this helps explain my excitement. :D :eek:

Now,that is nice textbook pickehaube! You can not ask for anything else in a pickelhaube. Very nice example. Thanks for showing it.

Thanks Joe Semen

Thanks to all for your comments, and especially to Tony for posting the pictures. What an erudition, Joe! I did not know the term Fahnenjuncker was not used in other cavalry regiments...
Unfortunately this helmet did not have its original cockades when I got it.
Bruno

Back