A Good Year...

Jeff R

As some of you know, I like Imperial German cloth headgear (cavalry particularly). Of the 110 cavalry regiments, only 4 displayed an additional "traditions badge" between the state and national cockades. They are tricky to find these days, but this year I managed to finish tracking down examples of each. Half of these came from fellow forum members, proving once again what an awesome group this is. It was a good year! 😺

L to R: 1. Leib-Husaren Regt. Nr.1 (reserve officer); 2. Leib-Husaren-Regt. Königin Viktoria von Preußen Nr.2 (senior NCO/Wachtmeister); Braunschweigisches Husaren-Regt. Nr.17 (NCO/eigentum); 1. Brandenburgisches Dragoner-Regt. Nr.2 (NCO/eigentum)

Traditions 2.jpg

Traditions.jpg

I appreciate the kind words, friends! 😺

Holy Nutcracker Jeff! Way to go. That collage you made is a killer.
And thanks Tony - high praise from you. : ) Also, I am now determined to work "Holy Nutcracker" into as many conversations as I can this holiday season.

As some of you know, I like Imperial German cloth headgear (cavalry particularly). Of the 110 cavalry regiments, only 4 displayed an additional "traditions badge" between the state and national cockades. They are tricky to find these days, but this year I managed to finish tracking down examples of each. Half of these came from fellow forum members, proving once again what an awesome group this is. It was a good year! 😺

L to R: 1. Leib-Husaren Regt. Nr.1 (reserve officer); 2. Leib-Husaren-Regt. Königin Viktoria von Preußen Nr.2 (senior NCO/Wachtmeister); Braunschweigisches Husaren-Regt. Nr.17 (NCO/eigentum); 1. Brandenburgisches Dragoner-Regt. Nr.2 (NCO/eigentum)

View attachment 40213

View attachment 40214
Great collection and great photos
Steve

Back