A Landsturm oil cloth cap

Adler

A while ago I was able to purchase this oil cloth cap, after a very long search. Actually I had given up already because it seemed impossible to find one in good condition and also very important… still supple. Usually they became very brittle through the years and almost break in pieces…

Anyway, this is a Bavarian model 1913 Wachstuchmütze for Landsturm and it’s in (I dare to say) almost mint condition. As usual it has no markings at all but I’m happy with the pencilled name that’s written twice on the inside of the cap.

I can’t really make out what the name might be, but to me it seems something like H. Pilas. This is probably wrong because this old German writing still has a lot of secrets for me… I hope someone can help me out with that and maybe it’s possible to trace the original wearer of the cap…
I hope you will enjoy the pictures gentlemen!

Adler

Better than this does not exist :bravo:

Guess this one was not stored in a cellar

Very very nice one karel

Jonas

I had some search on the net on the name and by giving a numereous names in i came acros a hermann polas

On the 5th pic i have some doubts on the second letter are you sure it is the letter i
I can see a faint o in it and this without beeing drunk :wink:

Pilas did not came out :-k

My appolagies if am wrong on this one, was wurth to try on searching :-#

Hopefully someone will come with the correct answor if i was wrong

Jonas

Thanks for your comments guys!

On another forum there was suggested that the name is H. Glas... Looking again and again, this might be very good possible I think. I hope we can find out who the original wearer was...

Adler 1

Thank you gentlemen!

I have to agree on the name, but please forgive me [-o< , I mis interpreted it because I really can't read this old German #-o ... So thank you for letting me see the light =D>

Adler

Back