A new toy I picked up for a friend-Lewis Gun

usa1918

Here's a demilled Mdl 1914 Lewis Gun I just picked up for a collector friend of mine (who's computer illiterate, and needed some help to get his bids in. I have always loved spending other people's money :D

Keith

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Sweet, How much trouble would it be to reactivate it, or is it a parts kit with a solid receiver?
Best
Gus

Gus

It could be reactivated, but my buddy didn't want to screw with it. He has a deactivated Maxim (on the sled), Chauchat, Russian Maxim on the cart and a Lewis Mk1 that he uses for displays and school visits....plus they look cool

Keith

BTW had to post a few times to make "Contributor" rather than "Lite Contributer"

Hey Keith,
To be honest, I would not be interested in shooting one, just to have the functioning mechanism to see how it operated.
Best
Gus

Excellent.....never seen one up close like that. That close up shot of the markings is very cool. Great proof that BSA the motorcycle people were also into more deadly stuff.

The BSA motorcycles would have been more deadly if they would not break down so much!

Unfortunately, I arranged to have it shipped directly to my buddy..I know, piss poor planning. Maybe he'll let me play with it sometimes. I did extract a promise though, that when he's gone, I get first crack at it (along with his complete 1914 Erfurt Artillery Luger, the 9mm Mauser Broomhandle and his US Navy marked .45). He's healthier than me though (even at 78)

Keith

Back