A question about the "lifted" wappen....

giorgio

Hi to everyone,
I'd like to put another question.......and forgive me if is a silly one...but I'm learning and I think that certainly doubts need to be resolved immediately... :D
One of my reference sites is the great "Kaiser's Bunker" which I consult often and, here, I found an Oldenburg pickelhaube with two particularities:
Images and txt are property of the site so I can't post them without permission, but i ask:
1) is the fact that the prussian"wappen" is lightly"lifted" from the body especially in the upper part ( that is, it does not touch the body) generally accepted?
2) and how, in this case, where a tip of an eagle's wing touches the edge of the base of the spike, is this a possibility that we can find without arousing suspicions?
certainly, the example taken from this site is a no doubts original, but my questions are asked to know if this happens often and how one should behave when faced with this situation.......
As usual, thanks for the help
Giorgio

Hello Tony,
first of all really thanks for your kind answer...... :D (y)
So... if I understand correctly, this is something that can happen and should not be viewed with suspicion.
being a 1867 helmet I think the rear wappen hooks pierce the body......can we think the same thing when we have metal eyelets on a model 95? In this case perhaps it depends on how the screw welds are positioned on the back of the wappen?
forgive my ignorance again....:)
Giorgio

Hello Giorgio,
It could also be an M60 eagle, (1cm higher) adapted from M67, (screw-nut, replaced by a long vertical clip) and placed on a new, lower M67 hull.
This can also be seen on M95, M15 or Kriegsmodels, with small hull sizes (52), the eagles being the standard size for each model year.
But Tony's answer was good: we often don't dare force the M67 eagle all the way down for fear of breaking the vertical legs.
That's why the 67 system only lasted 3 years, and in 1871 we went back to the nuts.

Last edited:
Thanks to you as well Clovis57....
Really very interesting and informative.....
Now I've learned something more...thanks
Giorgio

Back