A rare M95 felt lacquered Oldenburg

Adler

Ok, it's been a while since I posted a pickelhaube, but I think it was worth waiting...

After looking for several decades for a nice felt lacquered ersatz pickelhaube, it finally happened! A while ago, I was able to purchase this M95 Oldenburg Inf. Regt. Nr. 91 with stamps and all... There's a little crazing in the lacquer here and there but I can live with that, considdering how long it took me to find one and let's not forget the rarity of this fragile haube... How often does one encounter an Oldenburg helmet?

Please enjoy the pictures

Adler

Oh oh! Extremely nice. Congratulations. And from Oldenburg... this must be one of a kind! I assume not many have survived.
I think I am developing a taste for these lacquered felt helmets, although I do not have any.
I wonder if Tschapkas of this sort were ever produced...

Fantastic & super rare helmet Karel, congratulations! =D> :bravo:

I love those issue markings, they are the icing on the cake! The original Oldenburg wappen & kokarde look excellent!

Best Regards,

Alan

this is a great find for sure ,these do not pop up everey day
you have the harder one to find on the market
i have a similar helmet a wurtemburg in this section
besides the replaced interior the match pretty mutch the same conditon
if possible could you take pic from the inside on how interior is fastend on to the shell
good on on this find

jonas

Thanks for your comments guys!

Jonas, the liner seems to be glued because there is no stitching visible. Sorry, didn't take pictures yet #-o ...

Adler

the model that i have has along the circomfence of the shell a stitchmarking so i do think that the liner was sewn in
it even has al the tread in them
only underneath the two cocades there is a second row of thread but that is to hold the repro liner witch is olso glued in
so if my helmet and adler his helmet are the same his to schould have those sewing marks on his helmet
the other diffrence between those helmets is that on the both visors the applyd some sort of paint to either harden it or some sort becose affterwords the addet in ink the headsize witch is for my helmet 58

jonas

Allow me to bring up this post of our late member Karel.

If inappropriated (to the staff) feel free to delete or start a new thread.

Here is a example of a reservist, I could lay hands on.
It is stamped in the shell, but hard to make a picture of.
The big markings say;
RJR91
?BRJR79
A very small stamp by the spike reinforcement plate saying " 1914" (in the shade on the pic!)
And a round stamp , hard to read something like Clemens....!? (that can't be seen on the pic!)

Attachments

• Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-01-05 om 12.17.09_10dd40f9.jpg
    Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-01-05 om 12.17.09_10dd40f9.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-01-05 om 12.17.09_eabbce88.jpg
    Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-01-05 om 12.17.09_eabbce88.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-01-05 om 12.17.09_f457fea8.jpg
    Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-01-05 om 12.17.09_f457fea8.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-01-05 om 12.17.10_f8f482c9.jpg
    Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-01-05 om 12.17.10_f8f482c9.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-01-05 om 12.17.09_0cd991e5.jpg
    Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-01-05 om 12.17.09_0cd991e5.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 16
This is a very good one! Parts of the RJR79 were formed with equipment of the OJR91. Could you please take a closer pict of the RJR79 marking?

Das Reserve-Regiment wurde gemäß Mobilmachungsplan mobilisiert. Neben dem ins Feld rückende Regiment wurde ein Ersatz-Bataillon und ein Rekruten-Depot aufgestellt.
  • Regimentsstab und II. Bataillon wurden durch das Bezirkskommando I. Oldenburg (beim IR 91) aufgestellt.
  • I. Bataillon durch das Bezirkskommando Aurich
  • III. Bataillon und MG.Kompanie durch das Bezirkskommando II. Oldenburg.
Philippe

Back