A Recent Visit to the Neu Bunker

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
Some photos taken during a recent visit to Tony's "Neu Bunker" complex:
IMG_4281.jpeg
A lovely back drop for any haube photo!. Saxe reservist with an unusual black cross.

IMG_4276.jpeg
A lovely Bavarian, complete and in excellent condition.
The liner comes as a surprise.....I have never seen an officer liner in this style! Perhaps and Austrian influence??
IMG_4277.jpeg
IMG_4271.jpeg
An old beauty!
IMG_4273.jpeg
i can not imagine riding a horse with this piece strapped to my head!
IMG_4272.jpeg
Naturally, the liner is complete. The cloths are added to make the piece fit better on it's mannequin. More to come....

Last edited:
Some Cavalry:
IMG_4254.jpeg
A sizeable skull which extends beyond the rim of the busby.
IMG_4253.jpeg
A complimentary visor cap.
IMG_4252.jpeg
An item found on most collector's wish list! :censored:
IMG_4250.jpeg
I just could not crop this photo!
IMG_4251.jpeg
Another complete liner.
IMG_4255.jpeg
More:
IMG_4259.jpeg
HR 7
IMG_4246.jpeg
Cheveauleger #8
IMG_4237.jpeg

Last edited:
Great photos, thank you for sharing Brian. I have seen such an odd liner before, but only for a Bavarian helmet. So your thought with Austrian influence might be right.

Beautiful helmets Tony! Congratulations on such an incredible, world-class collection! It's amazing to see some of your collection once again. Truly superb! (y)

And thanks to Brian for posting these! (y)

Best Wishes,

Alan

Absolutely glorious - a magnificent collection Tony (and great pictures Brian)! Some of the backgound stuff is tantalizing...like that forest of uniforms. Thanks so much for sharing. 💜 the LHR1 cap. 😻

The green Chevauleger uniform with silver helmet fittings and white facings has always been one of my favorites.

bravo ! I guess my invitation must have got lost in the post....... :ROFLMAO: ......very jealous. Superb collection Tony. thanks for sharing the snaps Brian.

Back