A strange M18 stahlhelm

Adler

This M18 has strange ventlugs and an odd color. There's no liner present. Any clues?

Adler

That is not an M18. There are no split brads to hold the liner in. That might not even be German. Or perhaps a 1930s commercial of some sort?

interesting, can we see a shot of the inside, any size and or maker marks?

Could be a prototype??

James

From steel Peter? That would be too expensive. What about another country? Hungary?

Speaking of..... time for Nina's supper. :wink:

It isn't Hungarian, and a scan through my steel helmet books reveals nothing. I wouldn't rule out the civilian produced helmets.

Peter_Suciu said:
It isn't Hungarian, and a scan through my steel helmet books reveals nothing. I wouldn't rule out the civilian produced helmets.
Sorry. I meant hungry. Nina was starring at me and it was dinner time for her.... :D

ok... not Hungarian.. I should not guess like that. :oops:

It's German but when I first looked at the pictures, I noticed that it looks a bit like a real helmet in those pics. I couldn't resist and didn't show all the pictures. Anyway, here's the rest of them...
As jou can see it's a money-box and of course a lot smaller then a real helmet. Wish I also had the key... :p

Adler 1

German Minime's Stahlhelm?

You did fool us indeed... Good camera + macro you got there Karel!

This one's waiting for you Karel :) :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miniature-German-Trench-Helmet-M-16-18-Stahlhelm-Circa-1916-/120791596290" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back