A very special trench knife

Adler

Sometimes it’s really crazy… The expectation, the thrill, the hunt, the kill and finally the throphy. That’s how it should be at a good militaria show!

But sometimes it’s different… The expectation, the thrill, the hunt and then the desilution because you don’t find any good stuff… but then… the extasy! The holy grail sits there on a guy’s table, just screaming “hey, I’m here, take me home!”…

The last happened with this uber rare trench knife. After walking arround for a few hours and finding nothing at all, this beast turned up in a plastic box with some bits and bobs… The seller said it was a transformed Demag trench knife-bayonet and someone had put wooden grips on it… Poker face on and getting a super deal!

As you can see in the last picture, it’s not an all steel Demag knife at all because the “cranck” of the handle just turns the other way. Some sources say it’s made by Demag (Duisburg), others say it’s produced by Firma Leopold (Gefrees) but at the end nobody can tell for sure.

On the few encountered knives of this type, only one has been seen with a crowned M (German Imperial Navy) but all the others have no stamps or acceptance marks.

Anyway, stamps or no stamps, this is a really rare German WW1 trench knife and I was the luckiest guy on the show that day!

Enjoy the pictures gentlemen!

Adler

Thats why you never believe a story of sommebody else

Karel
You did wel on following your feeling
It al looks aged so cant see anything that prooves those handles were added or changed over time

Great great find man

Jonas

It is indeed probably made by Demag.

DSC01639_zpseelifo50.jpg

Ah this is what we need information from the books :lol:

Great of you to share this with us
Now karel can go to sleep without to mutch worrying and waking up with no teeth :D

Jonas

Thanks for your comments gentlemen!

Jonas, I din't follow a feeling, I knew this model already and that's why I was so happy to find one... That's also the reason why I had my poker face on when the seller came with his explainig :-" ...

Adler

Every one wants to hear a story from time to time , wel at least if it is a real one :cool:

Jonas

Well, it is going to be in one... written by Christian Méry. I think it's on the market end of the year, but I've to check it out...

Adler

Back