A Visit To Military Antiques Toronto

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
Some photos taken on a visit to the Military Antiques Toronto shop. We are in stage one right now in Ontario, no longer completely locked down so no laws were broken during this visit. This is the first time I have paid a visit to MAT's new larger location so I was very much looking forward to talking to Dave Hiorth, the owner, whom I have know for at least 30 years. Some photos:
IMG_2046.JPG
Dave Hiorth, owner of MAT and a true believer in "organized chaos" :) Dave's stores are always stacked with stuff everywhere!
IMG_2047.JPGIMG_2048.JPGIMG_2049.JPGIMG_2050.JPG
IMG_2051.JPG
Many rows of book cases filled with Militaria and History volumes. Militaria stacked everywhere!IMG_2052.JPG

Bruno he currently has it on Ebay.

James
Thank you Brian, James. I wonder if the chinstrap is the ultra-rare real one that accomodates the special sideposts, or a reworked regular M15 strap.

That's funny. I was there yesterday on the way back from my hernia operation in Toronto. Great place and just packed with stuff.

I bought this there for my Artillery Collection. It has probably 80 + years of crud on it. The vinegar trick worked a charm as you can see.

Peter

Attachments

• IMG_1822.jpeg
    IMG_1822.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1823.jpeg
    IMG_1823.jpeg
  • IMG_1820.jpeg
    IMG_1820.jpeg
I was there on Tuesday Pete, sorry I missed you! :) Once we get back to militaria shows maybe we could arrange a meet? Bruno, regarding the Saxe GR M15, it is for sale on the store's website and can be bought in Canadian dollars. The chin strap on it, is not the rare one you mentioned, it has the regular type of end fittings.

Back