A young looking general

Liongules

I recently purchased this postcard of Generalleutnant Paul von Kneußl, later Paul Ritter von Kneußl. Besides it being a nice postcard, I thought he looked awfully young to be a general.

kneulltgenpaulrittervonmf6.jpg

Glenn can probably look him up and we can get his exact age. The way I understand it there were no "rules" for promotions. Everything had exceptions. :twisted: :twisted:

Paul (Ritter von) Kneußl, born 27 June 1862, died 16 Feb 1928. That is a prewar photograph of him as an Oberst and commander of 3. Infanterie-Regiment Prinz Karl von Bayern. He commanded the regiment in 1911-1912 making him then around fifty.

Regards
Glenn

Glennj said:
Paul (Ritter von) Kneußl, born 27 June 1862, died 16 Feb 1928. That is a prewar photograph of him as an Oberst and commander of 3. Infanterie-Regiment Prinz Karl von Bayern. He commanded the regiment in 1911-1912 making him then around fifty.

Regards
Glenn
Thanks, Glenn! I knew he wasn't a general yet in this photo. Compared to a lot of photos I have he's still awfully young looking. I guess he just aged well. :lol:

Back