ADDING PICTURES TO POST

Tony without Kaiser said:
JoelTheSuperior said:
Certainly an understandable concern but with the decreasing cost of storage and the availability of solutions such as Amazon S3 (where we're storing uploaded files now) it's certainly not the issue it once was. I'll be monitoring the situation of course but to be honest if they're only a few megabytes big it's really not an issue as far as I'm concerned - a 7MB image isn't the end of the world for me.

Looking at the statistics for attachments uploaded since the forum was updated, the vast majority of attachments so far have actually been less than a megabyte. In short, I think the cost of the storage is vastly outweighed by the convenience of not having to rely on other image hosting websites which may or may not still exist a few years from now.

Completely agree and very reassuring. Other Forums I have worked on, we made the "thumbnail" coded to appear at 900 pixels in width, so a reader could scroll through a thread and see good size images, and if wished, see the actual uploaded image by clicking on it.

As it stands now, we have to click on thumbnails over and over and over which gets repetitive.

Worth looking at I think JtS?

That‘s a concern I never thought off. I will keep it in my mind for future Uploads. But as you said, it would be the best to limit the max. size of the pictures.

Hi Sandy
Interesting that I am not the only one with this frustrating problem.
I use a PC with Windows 10 and I have been careful to reduce my picture sizes down to a small 576x432 pixels so as not to overload the server.
Let's hope the digital boffins can sort this out for us.
Regards
Peter

Back