Advanced Guard catalogue

Amybellars

Who is the lucky guy who bought the Anhalt pickelhaube?

The pickelhaubes all went so quickly. I managed to buy 3. How about the other guys?

Amy

Which ones did you buy Amy? You were fortunate to be able to get 3 of them.

All the helmets that were priced reasonably were gone in less than 2-minutes time.

The Anhalt was very reasonably priced, far less than I thought Jeff would price it.

The Anhalt wappen looked like it might be original. (I had a real Anhalt device & star that I unfortunately sold a couple years ago before realizing that Brian needed one.) I saw the Fuerst eagle wappen was been broken down by the eagle claw/lower sceptor area, which isn't the end of the world. Was it me, or did the eagle look "copper color" on some of the raised highlights of the eagle? Maybe it was just my eyes, or the flash from Anna's camera lights on the eagle.

The depot marking was not the standard block lettering. It was more stylized with the lettering. It was ink stamped though. I think that I've seen them marked A.I.R. 92 before. I just couldn't remember the stylized lettering from past markings that I have seen. Just my bad memory and old age.

The parts on the Ulan helmet were worth way more than the asking price of the tschapka. (original fagnschnur, yellow rabatte, enlisted hair plume, etc.) I thought long and hard about it, but in the end I didn't pull the trigger on it. Someone got a real bargain of goodies!

I was interested in the Mecklenburg-Schwerin issued reservist helmet, but unfortunately I didn't have enough "haube" funds for it when I saw the price. It was the last one that sold several minutes later after the "Oklahoma Land Rush" initial scramble and frenzied buying. I missed an equally nice non-reservist and not unit marked example last November at an auction that I drove 300 miles one way to attend. Weitze recently sold another example as well.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Last edited:
Hi Philippe,

Unfortunately Jeff takes the sold items off from his internet catalog pages within an hour or so after they are sold, so you cannot go back and see the sold items. He does show items from past catalogs on his "Insider" part of the web site.

There is probably some helmets that did not sell that will still be shown on his catalog. The sold ones have all been taken off the pages.

Here's the link to his website catalog: https://www.advanceguardmilitaria.com/

Best wishes,

Alan

I should add that the catalog photos and descriptions are not able to be clicked on and saved. The web site catalog blocks a person from being able to save photos or text descriptions.

At this very moment of this writing here, there are 8-items of Imperial head gear still remaining on the online catalog.

The pages have been reduced to only 22 pages now, from 42+ yesterday at 3 pm.

Hi Alan, I got the uhlan, very lucky. The dragon reserve officer and the Busby.

I was interested in the anhalt, the tin bavarian etc but all gone when I move down the list.

James, which one did you get?

Regards
Amy Bellars

Amy- I was lucky enough to get the aluminum Bavarian he had listed as celluloid and I also got the Prussian General A La Suite.

It was interesting within 15 seconds most where gone!

James

I should add that the catalog photos and descriptions are not able to be clicked on and saved. The web site catalog blocks a person from being able to save photos or text descriptions.
Thanks Alan! I canceled my message because I found the link by myself.
Even if a site does not allow to save some picts or description, a screenshot is always possible!
However, the site is in the USA and because of the import taxes, it´s for us, european collectors, very bad to buy some stoff outside of the EU...And as I read, it seems to be a real hard combat to have the chance to get one or two items because all is going quick...It´s not the way I like to buy! Before I decide to buy something, I always wish to have enough time to see if there are no red flags at all on the item and ask seller fore more details or more picts. The danger is always big to buy a pig in a poke and the price is never just only for an apple and an egg...

Philippe
;)

Last edited:
AGM has quality pieces, Jeff is very knowledgeable and courteous, and in the past I have purchased items from them. Now however, I find I am no longer interested in waiting anxiously for the catalog to open so I can jump through the hoops like a trained seal. I have learned if I miss something, there is always something else coming along that I think I need, so I no longer bother with them. Nothing personal, it’s their business model and obviously it works, it’s just not for me.

Steve

snip it tool is my friend!

I guess that I am not aware of such a tool or how to use it. Looks like I also don't know how to use the quote tool here as well!

Several of these headgear items from the old Bjorn Olson collection are shown in the book by the late Eric Johansson: "Pickelhauben", published in 1982. Eric did not specifically attribute these individual items to Olson in the photos within the book. He only specifically attribute individual items in the photos of the book that he owned at the time, or that the late collector Hobson had owned, or one other collector owned, but no one else it seems. Other individual collectors were noted simply in the Foreward section of the book on page IX where Olson was named.

Congratulations to Alan on the old Saxon M-67 Garde Reiter, and to James, and to Amy on the items you acquired!

Last edited:
U can use control c to copy. I did that. Highlight everything and press control button together with c

Back