Afrika Corps

Redlegwolf

http://www.ebay.com/itm/German-WWII-Afrika-Corps-Pith-Helment-/400723915267?pt=Vintage_Antique_Toys_US&hash=item5d4d01b203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Real or no?

Dunno, don't collect that stuff. Wrinkly thing though isn't it? Even if I collected AK, I'd leave this alone.

:D Ron

The chinstrap is not correct. Single buckle rather then double. Really can't restore the leather trim, BUT , if no tears in the felt , these helmets are extremely easy to restore to their original shape. A head form and spray starch. I took one that looked like it had been sat on and now you can't tell it was ever damaged.

I think the chinstrap is OK for a canvas helmet actually. Why do you think it is wrong? It seems like the ones on my helmets.

This is a first pattern cork helmet covered in canvas, the photos just make it look like one of the later felt ones that were not used in Africa. It has the six panels and is a greenish canvas, so actually a desirable helmet but in poor condition. It is probably worth the price to be honest.

I had one like this in the late 60s, bought from an ad in one of the gun mags, If I recall correctly, they sold for $19.95. I have no idea what I did with it.

Back