Ahhhh the 115th

joerookery

Or donor pick today is... drum roll please.
IR115.jpg

And yes a fluted spike!

Joe and "the Donor":

Gorgeous helmet. In a perfect world, I hope to have an officer's version of this some day for this:

Dave

Amazing! I have EXACTLY the same helmet, with the same marking inside. What a pity I cannot post pictures.
Bruno

Thank you very much Otto!
Just wanted to show that the JR115 helmet posted last week by Joe had been cloned. Note the identical maker's mark...
Bruno

Wonderful, Bruno!

Congratulations on a splendid Pickelhaube.

Chas.

I thought it was interesting that on one of these two helmets for the same unit with the same identical maker's mark and date has the bandau under the cross base and the other is over the crossbase.

Dave

This is a super super super treat! More donated pictures of the 115 helmet. First the shell of the helmet itself. You can see where the band I was attached, and you can see there are no lugs on the back.
115wop.jpg

then we have a picture of the back of the plate showing clearly how the star was mounted and bolted on.
115%20platesR.jpg

The learning on this forum and seeing all these helmets is such a treat. We have learned so much in such a short time compared to older methods. Thanks to everyone for participating in this.

A great thread guys. My 115 OR's helme is identical but unfortunately, no makers mark. It is stamped BA18 on the rear visor (arabic numerals not Roman). The removable spike top is also identical as shown in Col. Rons pics. I was wondering if this is a characteristic of the Hessen OR helmets from the trichter Regts or just the 115. My Hessen reserve officer has the usual round base which fits over the spike neck. My other 1870's model Hessen from JR116 of course has a non removable spike.
Are there any other JR115 owners out there???? Brian

b.loree said:
//My 115 OR's helme is identical but unfortunately, no makers mark. // The removable spike top is also identical as shown in Col. Rons pics.
Hey you dang Westerner! Where are da photos??

:roll:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

b.loree wrote:
//My 115 OR's helme is identical but unfortunately, no makers mark. // The removable spike top is also identical as shown in Col. Rons pics.
Hey you dang Westerner! Where are da photos??
Hey Tony, you need to get a map, Brian lives back east.
Gus

Back