Alsatian Dragoner

911car

Hi everyone,
I recently acquired this. Not a rare helmet but absolutely untouched, and condition is lovely. Named to a soldier (Venutov?..) in DR14, which was based in Colmar (Elsass).
Bruno

Glennj said:
Leutnant d.R. Dr. Hans Venator.

Regards
Glenn

Many thanks Glenn. Spectacular finding, but a Rangliste expert like you could not miss it. Any more info. on Dr Hans?
Cheers, Bruno

There is something seriously wrong with that pickelhaube... it's not in my collection :-" ...
Very nice helmet!

Adler

Bruno,

Dr. jur. Hans Venator was born on 2 December 1889. He served with Dragoner-Regiment Nr. 14 from 1912-1918. He was commissioned from the rank of Vizewachtmeister d.R. to Leutnant d.R. on 25.09.14. He survived the war and was a city legal councillor by profession. In 1935 he was living in Wangen near Munich. He is listed in the 1940 Munich city address book as a tax advisor. He appears to have lived to a good age as he was still listed in the Munich telephone book until 1969!

Regards
Glenn

Glennj said:
Bruno,

Dr. jur. Hans Venator was born on 2 December 1889. He served with Dragoner-Regiment Nr. 14 from 1912-1918. He was commissioned from the rank of Vizewachtmeister d.R. to Leutnant d.R. on 25.09.14. He survived the war and was a city legal councillor by profession. In 1935 he was living in Wangen near Munich. He is listed in the 1940 Munich city address book as a tax advisor. He appears to have lived to a good age as he was still listed in the Munich telephone book until 1969!

Regards
Glenn

Glenn you really impress me. It is the second time that you track a helmet owner for me back to when he was born.
Many thanks,
Bruno

Thats one you dont find every day aspecially with all the background information on it
Thanks to glenn our historydigger we lear a lot more on the person behind the helmet

Jonas

What's not to love about this helmet !
Great one
Thanks for the great photos
and how about Glenn ?

Steve

Amazing that no-one has attempted to 'clean' the brass and therefore damage the gilding over the years...a rare find!

Back