An original IR 92 officer's pickelhaube "running horse"

Adler

Actually I told a little lie in my last post about the IR 92 pickelhaube with… I will tell the correct story now, the phone call was actually about two haubes and not one… So here’s the real story:

It all started with a phone call… from Germany. It was one of my German friends with a really unexpected question: Are you still interested in a nice IR 92? Of course the answer was „YES!“ Then he posed a second question: are you also interested in a second IR 92? My answer (confused) was of course „what are you talking about?“
I think you can already guess his answer…
Arrangements were made and a couple of days later I had to drive a few hundred km to meet my friend… but who cares about driving half a day when a man’s dream comes out twice?
After a few strong coffees (to prevent shaking) it took me more than an hour to check everything out while my heart was pounding in my throat… but everything was what I expected to see on these two original IR 92 helmets!

While the other thread was about the helmet with Totenkopf center wappen, this one is (as you might expect) about the model with the running horse emblem for the first and second Battalion of IR 92, prior to 1912.
The helmet came from the same family as the other one, only there’s no provenance about the original owner. It’s in about the same excellent condition and the way it’s made looks almost the same. This makes me conclude that the helmet was made by the same manufacturer. I’ve no proof of that, but it makes me think this helmet might have been owned also by Johann Albrecht, but maybe that’s only wishfull thinking?…

Anyway, here are the pictures, so please enjoy!

Adler 1

Looks really good. Really like the photo of them together :)

Have you found a place for them in your collecting room?

Surely such a pair deserves a special place of honour.

Thanks for your comments gentlemen!

Jealous and happy at same time for you!
Ooohhh... sorry #-o ...

Have you found a place for them in your collecting room?
Not yet, but it will be somewhere in the center or so. Gonna work on it this weekend :-$ ...

Beautiful, beautiful helmets! Only one problem: where do you go from here?
That's not so difficult... the first year or so I'm going nowhere, there's nothing left to buy other helmets #-o ... then I can start up again with some M15 models or so and maybe a few years later I can go further...

Adler

Superb! I consider this to be one of the most difficult to find of all the Pickelhauben, having encountered very, very few over the years. It is also, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful...

Thank you very much Arran!
I do agree it's indeed a extremely hard to find helmet, so I consider myself very lucky to have found one in the condition I want...

Adler

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Love the whole helmet, but ESPECIALLY the transparent red enamel. Very nice indeed! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

:D Ron

A very stunning, absolutely beautiful helmet!!! Congratulations on this wonderful companion to go with your other new helmet!!! =D> :bravo:

The pair of these helmets must be the finest quality in existence. :king: :salute:

Any chance you could adopt me into your family? :wink: (Just teasing). Again, my congratulations, Karel! These are the two that dreams are made of! :eek:ccasion5:

All the Best,

Alan

Thank you for your nice comments guys!

Adler

PS Alan, I will considder adoption, but what do you want to bring in for your expences than :-" ?

Oops... seems all the pictures disappeared... I uploaded them again, but here are a few complementary pics...

Adler

Joe, I think you forgot to place the link...

http://www.pickelhauben.net/articles/Runninghorse.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Adler

Back