An original IR 92 officer's pickelhaube

Thank you for those nice comments gentlemen!
In the beginning of this thread, I told you guys about another item that came together with this helmet... I know, I know... it was to get you excited a little bit, but here's a teaser picture of "the other item"... I'll make a seperate thread of it soon...

Adler

:cry: :cry: :cry: =D> =D> =D>

Jaw dropping!!! :love10:

Probably far-fetched but could the monogram have been removed from the older version to be stitched on the newer one? I see a tear/wear towards the exact spot where the monogram would've been stitched on the pre-1912 version... highly unlikely?

Thanks gentlemen!
Francis, I knew you would know it =D> ...
Ron,it could be possible, but I don't think it was... but actually it doesn't matter, I'm still fond of it as it is..

Adler

Very hard to upgrade, Karel!!! Hut ab! :bravo:
I know a museum which would have been ready to "snap" this one...I was there last weekend, "das Braunschweigische Landesmuseum". There was a special exposition there about the year 1913, wedding year in Braunschweig between Prinz Ernst August (from the "Welfen" dynastie) and Viktoria Luise, daughter of Kaiser Wilhelm II (Hohenzollern dynastie). Prinz Ernst August was regent of the Braunschweig Herzogthum after Albrecht.
In this museum, there were two beautiful artifacts:
- the officer helmet of Ernst August, as K. Pr. Oberst in the 1. Schweres Reiter Regiment Prinz Carl von Bayern
- the Marschall Stab which was donated 1913 to Kaiser Wilhelm by the preussichen Offizierskorps.

Karel, I am afraid to tell you, you have now to find the two small EM brothers of those georgious JR92 officer helmets :D :D , and please clearly regimentally stamped!!! :-({|=
This will be a hard job too, because of the big danger of forgery...
But maybe I have missed some pieces of your collection....and you already own them since two decades? :D

Philippe

Thank you very much Philippe!
Seems you had a great time in the museum. It's one of the places I do have to visit before 2013 has ended I guess... probably it's a temporary exposition...
The objects you describe most be super fantastic I suppose, did you take pictures of them?

But maybe I have missed some pieces of your collection....and you already own them since two decades?
Well, you didn't miss them, because they are still on the wishlist... I hope it doesn't take another 20 years or so to find them... but for now I have to take it easy for just a while, otherwise Mrs. Adler won't stay happy I think :-" ...

Adler

Karel! WOW!

I miss the forum for a couple of weeks and you get two beauties! I'm glad to see that these will be well taken care of and know you'll enjoy them very much.

:D Ron

Adler said:
Thank you very much Philippe!
Seems you had a great time in the museum. It's one of the places I do have to visit before 2013 has ended I guess... probably it's a temporary exposition...
The objects you describe most be super fantastic I suppose, did you take pictures of them?

But maybe I have missed some pieces of your collection....and you already own them since two decades?
Well, you didn't miss them, because they are still on the wishlist... I hope it doesn't take another 20 years or so to find them... but for now I have to take it easy for just a while, otherwise Mrs. Adler won't stay happy I think :-" ...

Adler

Unfortunately I could not take some picts...forbidden :-?
Well, I am pretty sure you will find soon those EM JR92 helmets, Mrs Adler will understand that :D
Mr Weitze has an officer JR92 helmet to sell too. Personal helmet of Major von Goetze:

https://www.weitze.net/detail/00/Braunschweig_Pickelhaube_aus_dem_Besitz_von_Major_von_Goetze_im_Infanterie_Regiment_Nr_92__215300.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philippe

To bad it wasn't allowed to take some pictures Philippe...
Hehe... indeed I do hope to find them soon and then I have to find something to please Mrs. Adler so much that she'll want me even to buy more pickelhauben :-" ...
The pickelhaube of Major von Goetze??? What do you think of that deathshead, femures and bandeau?

Adler

Back