Another ARI

thecorkhelmet

Another Alcohol Related Incident ! The guy in the middle sure couldn't hold his beer. I'm the one on the left wearing the cool T-shirt. Corky
1154529433781_2006_0716stevebryan0003.JPG

joerookery said:
Cool Shirt.... I still think your avatar is a Wookie.
I say you are wrong, it is an Ewock, I thought we covered this ground before, I wish I had a shirt like that, oh, wait a minute, I do.
Gus

I've been holding my breath until the money arrived. It did this morning. I bought the officer's helmet in the middle. I needed to defray some of the cost, so I put the enlisted man's helmet on the right on Ebay. I listed it for what I paid about a year ago, $699.00. There was a bidding flurry like none other on my stuff and the helmet sold for $2223.00. Now, I'm not complaining, but what's going on ???? Am I so out of touch with prices ? I am happy, but also in shock. I never ever thought it would go that high. Seriously am I missing something ? Never been on the Brothers Grimm set, but it sure feels like I'm in a fairy tale. :eek: Corky

I don't own a Ulan helmet yet. Those are Austrian right? I love all the color in those.

Looks like a fun night.

Paul

Yes, Austrian. From left to right, NCO, Officer, and EM. I am lucky enough to have 14 or 15 Austrian helmets. I leave for Prague Aug. 9th for 3 weeks to continue the search, but each time it gets harder. Wish me luck. Corky

I just think those helmets are beautiful. If you find one that would be a copy of what you have, please write me at [email protected] I would be very interested in owning one that is in very nice condition.

Thanks,

Paul

I am still in the Czech Republic. Pickings have been slim, and prices have been ridiculous...until you find that one exception. On the first day, a friend brought me a WW1 Russian mutze. My traveling buddy found a pair of ww2 German officer's boots for $ 13.00. Yesterday I got an 1848 Dragoon helmet with the help of another friend. Have been looking for the illusive Ulan helmets, but no luck so far. I will post that when I get back. Miss you guys, Corky

The problem when I come over here is my Czech friends want me to cook chili and Mexican food for them. I am eating well, but it is my food. I have the bragging rights for my chili. I won the regional contest 3 years in a row. The beer is exceptional. I especially like the "cerny pivos", dark beers. The Canadians have some heavy competition here. :lol: Corky

have the bragging rights for my chili. I won the regional contest 3 years in a row. The beer is exceptional.

Wait a minute!!!! Are you going to SOS????? Well we HOPE you and your wife are but no cooking required .... but you are one of those chili guys eh? That is SERIOUS competition. Your chili must be awesome. :eek:ccasion5:

joerookery said:
have the bragging rights for my chili. I won the regional contest 3 years in a row. The beer is exceptional.

Wait a minute!!!! Are you going to SOS????? Well we HOPE you and your wife are but no cooking required .... but you are one of those chili guys eh? That is SERIOUS competition. Your chili must be awesome. :eek:ccasion5:

That is correct! No cooking required...Spam for everyone!

Gus

Back