Another Braunschweig!

Gents,

What do you think of this one? The state Kokarde looks brand new... poor pictures...?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Pickelhaube-Offizier-aus-der-Kaiserzeit-/330824244078?pt=Militaria&hash=item4d06a95b6e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best regards,

Marcel

I wouldn't without seeing the back of the skull and wappen. Otherwise, it looks okay to me, but easy enough to fake.

:D Ron

Well let's look at the positives...

*Seller has good feedback.

*Accepts returns.

*That officers Braunschweig kokarde looks good, it's so rare it's not like most people have one of those laying around to upgrade a helmet but of course anything is possible.

*I like the little Braunschweig stamp or label on the inside.

*There doesn't seem to be any extra holes.

But yes, it really comes down to the authenticity of the Adler wappen and totenkopf. :-k

Arran said:
I suspect that the entire front plate is a copy...

Just curious but why?

I am leaning towards original but again I need to see the backside. I have emailed the seller for pics. We shall see! \:D/

There is something in Denmark that reeks of the fish variety me thinks... Alas, the line has eluded me... There is something rotten in... no, that's not it either... damn.

:D Ron

As I today asked the seller his opinion about the "third hole in the middle", he answered me, because of lack of material, it is possible the wappen was already used at one time, or maybe interchanged as the I and II Bataillon JR92 adopted the skull from the 27.01.1912 onwards. He also said this helmet could have first worn the horse...But on all helmets of the JR92 with horse that I saw till today, the two holes were drilled same way as for the skull wappen...One on the top and one at the bottom, but never at this place at the center of the eagle... #-o

Back