Another fake

Jaap Verduijn

A replica, apparently artificially dirtied and aged. At least the seller states: "Da ich nicht 100% weis wie alt dieses Teil ist, dieser günstige Preis" ("Since I don't know how old this piece is, this favourable price"). Still newcomers might be tempted to buy this "bargain" as the real thing. Not to mention the misleading description "Parade Pickelhaube Preussen Garde".

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Parade-Pickelhaube-Preussen-Garde-1WK/302550242882?hash=item4671665642:g:1pMAAOSwITtaIbe0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A piece of shit.
This is just a replica like you and I have, but to call it Garde?
Just like the chainmail thing we saw here that went for a lot of money.
Somebody is going to get burned with this crappy things.... :-x

Indeed same thing, Coert, and what they ask for it on eBay is considerably more than what we paid at Hessenantik :( ! And at least we knew that we were buying replicas.

It was today that you were in Ede, weren't you? Pity I couldn't be at home - I was having Sinterklaas in Loenen with the ex, the two daughters and the in-law boys.

Hopefully next time our schedules fit together better, and we'll talk Haubes and Verdun again! Have a nice weekend, matey!

It‘s not somebody who is unknowing. There is another spiked-helmets in his sales history and he also wrote „in Belgium auf dem Bazar ergaunert“ :thumbsdown:

Hi Jaap, I wasn't in Ede today, I knewn you were busy, so I postponed my visit there.
I will contact you later this week, so if you have time I can combine my visits..
I'm not driving all the way to Ede just for some motorcycle magazines, want to visit you and combine things.
My mate, who's busy doing motorcycle things just like I do knows and it don't matter to him.

These magazines don't eat any bread, so what about next weekend? Will have to speak with Roger(the guy with the magazines) about that, but it will be okay.

Have a nice evening my friend!

Greetings, Coert :thumb up:

Hi Coert! I'll be in Almere at least part of the coming weekend, for treatment of three persons. Normally I treat the specimens of suffering humanity in my own home and then let them spend the night on the couch while I keep a half-asleep/half-awake watchful eye on them, but I don't have room for three so I'll do it at the home of one of the patients/clients and then spend the night there. I'm not sure whether that's from Friday to Saturday of from Saturday to Sunday. I'll ask them what exactly the appointment is, and let you know! Would be nice to see you again, and talk about Pickelhaubes, Verdun, the Stollen underneath Vauquois, and all the intricacies of human life :D

I'll figure it out, and in the midst of this insane month of December we'll arrange a meeting with lots of coffee (grin)! If everything goes well, by then I'll have an original M1895 eagle on the "old Prussian lady" - it should arrive here this week!

Be well!

Jaap.

Okay mate, give me a notice on my Facebook,
I already told my motorcycle friend about this, so time doesn't matter.
I'm busy also with my old Z650, as you know.
Have a great weekend, we will meet again!

Greetings, Coert :thumb up:

Back