Another garage sale

aicusv

Went out shopping yesterday and came back with this set (among some other pieces - expensive day). I will post more information and photos later, taking one piece at a time.Ron2 group1.jpg

Either that or clothes so i think i will prefer the first option
nice catch by the way

Jonas

I wonder why you guys go shopping and come back with amazing haul. I went shopping and come back with groceries.??

Haha. Where I live there aren’t any of these types of sellers. I don’t know any type of dealers near me, so I don’t know where to find all of these items near me because I don’t think there are any.

It is actually a really sad story behind these items. Locally there was an old time collector, who became too infirm to take care of himself. His family placed him in a managed care facility. In the mean time his basement flooded (4feet of water and this was where his collection was) and no one knew. HIs niece moved what she could out of the basement to her garage. From time to time I will receive a call asking if I want to come over visit with the collector and purchase some items. The majority of his Imperial stuff is now gone. A lot of his collection was totally ruined by the water. The last time there, I moved some uniforms (US WWI) only to see a snake crawl out of them.

Back