Another Kuirassier

Dragon

Hi,

Question is, how come no one bid on this one? Too expensive or some doctor fixed something???

Mario

Seems like some doctoring. The spike although not completely incorrect is overpolished and not a typical kurassier issue. The frontplate looks painted silver and the body of the helmet looks -- something -- scratched or bad polish job. The helmplate is correct for this helmet and the kokrades and chin strap look good. Also, the interior looks proper and better than you see in alot of these. Just a few thoughts. :-? Chris

Hello Mario and Chris:

The height of the eagle and the non-voided area between the wings and the legs lead me to believe the Wappen may be circa 1887 or earlier (perhaps it has been painted). I have also seen conventional M15 spikes on Juncker Kürassier Metallhelme before, though I have no idea why. Despite the questions, $1000.00 would not be an outrageous investment.

Chas.

It is a basically correct M15 Kurassier helmet but, as Artastx pointed out, the spike does not belong to a Kurassier helmet. I would add that the spike base and rim around the shell have lost their gray finish. These are significant issues on a helmet that is not rare.
The plate is correct for a Kurassier helmet (look at the scroll) but may have been repainted.
Bruno

Back