Another made in India piece of garbage artificially aged

ww1czechlegion

There have been quite a few of the made in India piece of garbage helmets showing up over the past several months on eBay USA being represented as original WW1 era helmets, unfortunately.

Most of the time I have had good results when politely informing the seller. I have been surprised on several occasions where the seller immediately pulled the plug on the auction and removed the item, or edited the auction and labeled the helmet as a modern repro.

Here's one that I wrote the seller last evening, and she simply acknowledged by saying "thanks", and did nothing with the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/German-spiked-Pickelhaube-Leather-Helmet-Military-/152010970987?hash=item23648f576b:g:hcEAAOSwoudW4dJR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best Regards,

Alan

The seller has now edited their description to say that it might be a repro. Some small victory then.

Yes, a number of obvious problems. I took a close look again, and am surprised that the stitching looks tighter and closer than I usually see on the
Indian replicas. I wonder if they are getting on to their flaws?

Seller revised the listing after I wrote them a second time.

Seller claims they bought it on eBay thinking it was an original.

Best Regards,

Alan

Well done Alan, you have been on a bit of a Crusade of late against these Indian "fakirs" :) . I have no doubt that these Indian manufacturers and others come on this forum and read up on our critiques of their wares. Thus, unless we PM, I do not think it wise to reveal all of the obvious "tells" which we use to ID their repros.

Back