another tschapka (with photo's)

michiel

hi,

seems my photo's did not attach, so a second try...

my last find was the garde ulanen tschapka UR 13 posted last week,

my latest find before that one was another tschapka, I like very much as well,
it is a " TSCHAPKA ZUR PARADE" with fangschnur rabatte and plume,

(it was a good (and costly) time for german imperial cavalry purchases).

attached some photo's

I would also like to ask two questions:

1: first: does anyone have a good idea for an app or programme to "govern" one's collection? (I'm Apple minded).
I would like to have a computer programme in which I can store Photo's and data concerning item from my collection (date of purchase, provenance, prize, specifications, Photo's etc.).
2: does anyone have a Prussian general Federbusch or spitze for sale?
as depicted in the three photo's attached I've two very similar helmets in my collection (not latest finds), both have a Prussian officer garde wappen and a square visor, so they are either garde dragoner (Victoria regiment) or Prussian general.
Both had Bavarian " gekehle spitzen" when purchased, on one I put an smooth spitze to correct it into a "garde dragoner" , the other one still has its Bavarian spitze, and I would like to replace it with a correct General sprite or Federbusch, has anyone such an item available?

Attachments

• general pickel.jpg
    general pickel.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,725
  • garde dragoner.jpg
    garde dragoner.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,725
  • pickel garde drag 1 & 2.jpg
    pickel garde drag 1 & 2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,724
  • tschapka zur parada 2.jpg
    tschapka zur parada 2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,724
  • tschapka zur parade 1.jpg
    tschapka zur parade 1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,725
Michiel- nice looking piece, I have attached a picture of what the correct Prussian Generals Spitz should look like, fluted, but the key is how it sits on top of the base and does not overlap it. I will keep my eyes open for you for a loose one, but that is going to be a tough one to find.

James

Seems its al about details so that is well shown here
That whas something i did not know
There is just something amazing about parade helmets

Jonas

happy to tell you that I was aware of the bavarian spike at the moment of purchase, and the price was in accordance

I bought them, and hoped to complete it with a feather busch of fluted general's spike in due time, but this seems hard.

(I once was offered a beautiful feather busch but it was to costly for mee at the time)

so a little patience is all I need right now.

(of course a beautiful smooth tall officer spike will well do to convert it into an officer of the guard dragoon (Victoria's) regiment, but that is not as nice...

Michiel

kaiser said:
Seems its al about details so that is well shown here
That whas something i did not know
There is just something amazing about parade helmets

Jonas

Here is a very good posts about this topic. Everything about Spikes :thumb up:
https://www.pickelhaubes.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8231
https://www.pickelhaubes.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8700&p=57620&hilit=general+spike+fluted#p57620
There were also some other posts but unfortunately the photos are not stored anymore :(

Back