Army museum Brussels

Westfront

Here are some pictures of the Royal museum of the Armed Forces and Military History in Brussels the pictures are a bit old they are taken before the rebuilding enjoy the pics.

DSC00298_zpshencgkls.jpg

DSC00299_zpscwsgqcyu.jpg

DSC00304_zpss5blmxy1.jpg

DSC00305_zpsezqwkie0.jpg

DSC00306_zpsya7vrtps.jpg

DSC00308_zpscxvlbukn.jpg

DSC00313_zps7wxfvbbp.jpg

DSC00318_zpspvi0kjod.jpg

DSC00319_zpskipduqip.jpg

DSC00327_zpsvidorw2p.jpg

DSC00322_zps9xxvaqjj.jpg

Hard to believe that all that is still there, after all that has happen to the country since 1918.

Problem is that not all is still there, and WWII wasn't the most difficult periode!
Back in the 80 ties and 90 ties you could order the stuff you wanted....

Nice photos! Thanks so much for sharing. When we were there, the FT-17 was buttoned up and all of the post WWI armor was off display (a disappointment). However, the price (free) and the artifacts there on display (a LOT) kept us very happy during our visit and we would certainly return.

:D Ron

Westfront great pictures and good to see. I will add my images too. The museum staff themselves were very apologetic to be 're-shaping' the museum when with the Anniversary of WWi it was the time to see all their items! I do also sympathise that to travel so far, from the States for example, and find key items hidden is a great shame.
Mark

MG1918 said:
Westfront great pictures and good to see. I will add my images too. The museum staff themselves were very apologetic to be 're-shaping' the museum when with the Anniversary of WWi it was the time to see all their items! I do also sympathise that to travel so far, from the States for example, and find key items hidden is a great shame.
Mark

All the more reason for another visit to a beautiful city filled with friendly people! :)

:D Ron

That museum is on my short list. I will catch it on another trip (and once I know any renovations are completed). Last month I visited the museum in Rastatt, but when I went to the Franco-Prussian War museum in Woerth, it was closed for renovation, and with no mention of that on their website. Luckily my trip was not based on that, and I only went because I was in the area.

LangeKerl said:
That museum is on my short list. I will catch it on another trip (and once I know any renovations are completed).....

They are never completed! Always something going on....
For the 45 years I am visiting that museum I only had 4 or 5 times the chance of seing all sections at once.
And they don't informe you on the web site eighter!
Once I was there when the King was visiting the museum with a Korean delegation; museum closed to visitors and I could drive the 60 km back home without having a peak at the section I wanted to visit for some research I wanted to do...

I saw one in a museum in France last year but thats it.I wish I could find one as Id like to add one to my AAF ground equipment display.I wonder what happened to all the M1s brought to the UK by the Eighth?

Matt.

Back