Authentic Helmet?

OleButter

Hey everyone! Fairly new to the JzP community. I have been looking at sellers to hopefully get a more complete version (I previously just owned a shell that someone unfortunately and quite amateurishly tried to restore). Could someone give a quick look at some of the JzP examples on these websites. Mine has a JzP stamp as well as the helmet size, and I wanted to know if that was standard for these helmets. Also I had seen others point out to look for numbers close to the wappen, which I believe my model has (you can barely see them painted over).

Anything helps - feels a bit overwhelming with the amount of details to look out for, and some of their examples look "too old," making me wonder if they had spruced them up to look more antique.

https://regimentals.co.uk/shop.php?ps=1#prettyPhoto (They use a general catalogue - can't link the direct item - searching "jager" and "cuiras" gets you to them)

I would love to help you but I can't get the first webpage to load. This may be a forum issue.
I can see the helmets on the second site and, to be truthful, I believe they are asking way to much for what you would get.
JzP are not that uncommon. You may want to wait for a good one.

John

I had no problem loading the first Canadian source. However, that helmet lacks an original liner and may have been repainted on the inside.

I finally got the first webpage to open.
The helmet looks good to me, except, of course, the replacement liner and missing parts.
The Canadian price is within reason.
I would still shy away from the other two (assuming I am looking at the same ones you are).
They are in pretty rough shape for the price they are asking.
Just my opinion.

John

The Canadian piece, as John mentioned, has a replacement liner. It also has been repainted light green under the front brim and flat black under the lobster tail, including the trim. And of course missing parts. I would avoid it.
Regimentals has some decent pieces but are fairly high priced. Usually you see mostly pre war stamped with the regiment, not so much the wartime.

Cheers,
Dennis

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Fairly new to the JzP community. I have been looking at sellers to hopefully get a more complete version (I previously just owned a shell that someone unfortunately and quite amateurishly tried to restore). Could someone give a quick look at some of the JzP examples on these websites. Mine has a JzP stamp as well as the helmet size, and I wanted to know if that was standard for these helmets. Also I had seen others point out to look for numbers close to the wappen, which I believe my model has (you can barely see them painted over).

Anything helps - feels a bit overwhelming with the amount of details to look out for, and some of their examples look "too old," making me wonder if they had spruced them up to look more antique.

https://regimentals.co.uk/shop.php?ps=1#prettyPhoto (They use a general catalogue - can't link the direct item - searching "jager" and "cuiras" gets you to them)
I have a M15 if you’re interested. Shoot me your email for photos, etc.

Back