Authenticity certified

If it was only the plate!.. This is one of these awful fakes made in England, on which comments have abundantly fed the forum in the past weeks. One of the members had unfortunately purchased one on ebay but he was luckily able to return it to the seller and be refunded.
Bruno

Q: Is the chinstrap that you are selling, originally from this helmet? Also do you guarantee that the helmet/fittings are original? Jez
Nov-19-05

A: Hi Jez ,I had the chinstrap on the helmet for display but it didnt come with the helmet .The Cockade I also put on but I cant get it off (well I could but I thought I might as well leave it on) .Yes its a genuine helmet and badge ,the shell is all steel of the late war ersatz variety .

Note that the gaurantee of authenticity issue has been bypassed. Can you believe the bidding has reached 415.00 Pounds?

How can we get the message out? :evil:

Chas.

Take also a look at this one: 6582593551
It is worth the visit! Good news are that the seller presents it as "very rare"... fortunately!!!
Bruno

Member of the Military Collector's Club of Canada #3235
Does this refer to the seller or the helmet?

It certainly must be rare. I've never seen another one like it.

Yuck!

Chas.

911car said:
Take also a look at this one: 6582593551
It is worth the visit! Good news are that the seller presents it as "very rare"... fortunately!!!
Bruno

From the same guy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Prussian-Busby-or-Elite-Hat-Pre-1900s_W0QQitemZ6582701662QQcategoryZ13965QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Excellent Shape, Has Imperial Prussian Plate on front, Brass Fitting, Leather interior, Black Wool Exterior. Great for any collection, Hard to Find Item. RARE.

Member of the Military Collectors Club of Canada #3235

I think that material was originally the interior carpeting for a 1965 VW Beetle.

Chas. :lol:

Hi King W:

I did look at the dagger, but it could be a legtimate Reichsmarine conversion. When it comes to 1920s dirks, who knows? The configuration might depend entirely on how financially strapped the owner was.

Mohawk was offering something quite similar to this, only it was fitted with an M1872 Applikanten blade and scabbard. Thomas Wittman was at the auction and said it was so wrong it might actually be for right. It sold for big bucks.

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28268&item=6570784538

Chas.

Back